If Young Abe Lincoln Had Lived Today....
05-29-2013, 07:26 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-29-2013, 02:08 PM by Eva Elisabeth.)
#16
RE: If Young Abe Lincoln Had Lived Today....
Liz, I don't doubt your friend's sons are bright fellows and capable of learning and studying on their own. But there are others who need insruction and a lot of guided practice. At all, I do agree you can pretty well survive and live without cursive handwriting skills. (Calculation skills face similar decline, which IMO is more severe.) I, too, appreciate modern technology and the advantage of computers and don't think of the downfall of today's youth. But still the loss of cursive means the loss of a piece of culture, tradition, art and beauty. Imagine - the Gettysburg Address handwritten by A.L. in print...
Reply


Messages In This Thread
RE: If Young Abe Lincoln Had Lived Today.... - by Hess1865 - 05-28-2013, 01:07 PM
RE: If Young Abe Lincoln Had Lived Today.... - by Eva Elisabeth - 05-29-2013, 07:26 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)