Is there a list of the best Lincoln Assassination Consp. books for our library?
05-27-2013, 08:55 AM
RE: Is there a list of the best Lincoln Assassination Consp. books for our library?
When I was a young man, I went to see that fine Sun Classic movie, "The Lincoln Conspiracy". I bought the book and subsequently bought Otto Eisenshemel's book. I wanted to believe that Stanton was behind it in the worst possible way. I read everything I could find contrary to the accepted history. I questioned everything. One of the lynchpins was the missing pages. The next was the telegraph lines being down. We can't overlook the eye witness accounts that the body in the barn had red hair.

However they all fall apart. An impartial study shows that the "evidence" of either a grand conspiracy or a cover up, just doesn't hold up. Dave Taylor and I have a good friend who is one of the most esteemed historians, and he is convinced Stanton was behind it. He has had access to all the original documents and evidence on the highest levels, yet he has no evidence of a grand conspiracy or cover up. We just have to honestly and earnestly disagree with him. It is strictly his opinion and he offers no smoking gun.

Today we have a plethora of experts. We are fortunate to be able to turn to people like Betty Ownsbey, Tom Bogar, Wes Harris, Kathy Canavan, and of course, Dave Taylor, who have a passion to learn every facet of a very defined area, and are also incredibly knowledgeable on the complete history of the Assassination. Yet, with every aspect of the Assassination being put under the microscope, the proof of an alternate history does not exist. While some offer that the evidence has long ago been destroyed, I can only respond that it doesn't exist and their is no evidence that it ever existed. There have been too many pieces of debunked fabricated evidence to allow a veteran investigator to accept the sub standard.

As I often say, "I would love it, if Booth had escaped and died in Enid, India, England or even Uraguay with Josef Mengele. I would love to see history as we know it, turned upside down." I just don't see any credible evidence. However, the Kennedy Assassination, now that's different.......................
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is there a list of the best Lincoln Assassination Consp. books for our library? - Jim Garrett - 05-27-2013 08:55 AM