Is there a list of the best Lincoln Assassination Consp. books for our library?
05-25-2013, 09:42 AM
RE: Is there a list of the best Lincoln Assassination Consp. books for our library?
(05-25-2013 01:18 AM)Troy Cowan Wrote:  Dave you said, "Campbell's inquiries was a complete fabrication that couldn't even get the detail of Herold not coming to the house until the next day right."

That is an important point. David Harold went to Bowling Green to buy Booth a pair of shoes and was to rejoin Booth the next day. So it seems that he did get it right. Several other people said similar things. Captain Willie Jett said, "Herold went on to Mrs. Clark's about three miles from bowling Green remained there all night and next day returned to Garrett's

Troy, what I wrote was, "The letter Carneal sent in response to Campbell's inquiries was a complete fabrication that couldn't even get the detail of Herold not coming to the house until the next day right."

I was talking about how the letter from Carneal, the so called William Garrett account, does not get this obvious detail right. As you pointed out Willie Jett and everyone else with knowledge in the matter, talked about how Herold didn't come to the Garrett's until the second day. Carneal didn't know this when he was writing his letter. The two other true William Garrett accounts, and all the other accounts from the Garretts, get this right. Hence my point, the Carneal letter is not an account from William Garrett. Carneal wanted to support Campbell in his escape theory idea and wrote a letter in that regard. With William Garrett dead with no way to counter this lie, Campbell published as a first hand account which it was not.

Like most escape theorists, Carneal and Campbell lied and twisted the truth to attempt to prove their points. Campbell knew full well that Herold didn't come to the Garrett's at the same time as Booth, but included this inaccurate and ultimately forged account because part of it fit his theory.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is there a list of the best Lincoln Assassination Consp. books for our library? - Dave Taylor - 05-25-2013 09:42 AM