Did Lincoln pick up Maj. Rathbone amd Miss Harris?
05-23-2013, 10:30 AM (This post was last modified: 05-23-2013 10:35 AM by J. Beckert.)
RE: Did Lincoln pick up Maj. Rathbone amd Miss Harris?
Great points, (and it's Joe, not Mr. Beckert), but why would Booth be seen by at least two witnesses I can think of off the top of my head, giving the "valet" a card? One said he wrote on it, another said he just handed it to him. If he was admitted earlier, why would he have to identify himself again? Could be the post was empty on the first run, but it still defies the logic that a famous man was duly noted by several people on his last entry into the box and not the first. If Clara had a "personal grievance" against Miss Keene, then she blatantly lied. As you stated, evidence is there that she was admitted. Something is not clicking for me on this point.

You may be thinking of Simon Hanscom, Laurie, but someone stated he never entered the box. He merely handed the dispatch off to Forbes.

"There are few subjects that ignite more casual, uninformed bigotry and condescension from elites in this nation more than Dixie - Jonah Goldberg"
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Did Lincoln pick up Maj. Rathbone amd Miss Harris? - Rhatkinson - 05-20-2013, 08:55 PM
RE: Did Lincoln pick up Maj. Rathbone amd Miss Harris? - Rhatkinson - 05-21-2013, 09:03 AM
RE: Did Lincoln pick up Maj. Rathbone amd Miss Harris? - Rhatkinson - 05-21-2013, 08:34 PM
RE: Did Lincoln pick up Maj. Rathbone amd Miss Harris? - J. Beckert - 05-23-2013 10:30 AM