Well, here I go again.
07-29-2012, 01:20 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-29-2012, 01:21 PM by Rob Wick.)
#1
Well, here I go again.
For the past few days I've been reading a fascinating story in the Ida Tarbell papers which I've decided needs to be shared. Tarbell had a bitter fight with several different publishing companies over the rights to her Life of Lincoln. It took about 4 years to get through and resulted in her changing publishers at least three times. This is a story that I think must be brought to a larger audience, so when I can find a spare moment, I am going to write this up and submit it to the Journal of the Abraham Lincoln Association. Add one more thing to the pile....Undecided

Best
Rob
Abraham Lincoln is the only man, dead or alive, with whom I could have spent five years without one hour of boredom.
--Ida M. Tarbell

I want the respect of intelligent men, but I will choose for myself the intelligent.
--Carl Sandburg
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Well, here I go again. - by Rob Wick - 07-29-2012, 01:20 PM
RE: Well, here I go again. - by Rob Wick - 08-04-2012, 09:30 AM
RE: Well, here I go again. - by Joe Di Cola - 08-04-2012, 09:34 AM
RE: Well, here I go again. - by Rob Wick - 08-04-2012, 09:49 AM
RE: Well, here I go again. - by HerbS - 08-04-2012, 01:05 PM
RE: Well, here I go again. - by Rob Wick - 08-04-2012, 01:32 PM
RE: Well, here I go again. - by Rob Wick - 08-04-2012, 06:26 PM
RE: Well, here I go again. - by LincolnMan - 08-04-2012, 06:42 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)