Killing Lincoln - Nat Geo (Reactions)
02-18-2013, 10:35 PM
RE: Killing Lincoln - Nat Geo (Reactions)
(02-18-2013 10:10 PM)Loomings Wrote:  ALSO, this term, "factual drama" which might just be what we've invented. The term seems to be in use in England (BBC) but not so much in this country. It seems that Howard Owens might've co-opted it to define our new paradigm, and I'm terribly pleased.

Hopefully what you've done is remind the tv show making crowd that something doesn't have to be completely Hollywooded up to be successful. With sooo many bad shows on TV (I'm giving you the stink-eye, "reality" tv), it sometimes seems like they've just forgotten that there are plenty of intelligent TV watching people out here who would love to see more of this kind of thing. It's gotten to the point where even shows on the so-called educational channels can't be trusted much of the time. As I said somewhere else on this website, any historical event worth making a movie or tv show about, or writing a book about, is almost certainly interesting enough on it's own. It's just a question of whether film makers/writers want to put in the effort to get the facts right and entertain at the same time. That's what you've done, and I hope it sets a precedent that leads to more of the same. I accept that there will always be plenty of garbage on TV, and that's okay too. But there's plenty of room, and an audience, for this kind of production also.

"The interment of John Booth was without trickery or stealth, but no barriers of evidence, no limits of reason ever halted the Great American Myth." - George S. Bryan, The Great American Myth
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Killing Lincoln - Nat Geo (Reactions) - Hess1865 - 02-18-2013, 10:35 AM
RE: Killing Lincoln - Nat Geo (Reactions) - jonathan - 02-18-2013 10:35 PM
RE: Killing Lincoln - Nat Geo (Reactions) - Hess1865 - 02-25-2013, 12:31 AM
RE: Killing Lincoln - Nat Geo (Reactions) - Hess1865 - 02-26-2013, 05:09 PM
RE: Killing Lincoln - Nat Geo (Reactions) - Hess1865 - 02-26-2013, 05:16 PM
RE: Killing Lincoln - Nat Geo (Reactions) - Hess1865 - 03-01-2013, 10:36 AM
RE: Killing Lincoln - Nat Geo (Reactions) - Hess1865 - 03-03-2013, 11:42 PM