Inside the Walls
05-10-2013, 07:41 PM
Inside the Walls
John Elliott and Barry Cauchon have been doing fantastic research over the past few years related to life at the Arsenal Penitentiary for the Lincoln conspirators. I just had the privilege of reading a small sample (ten pages) of the text that John is preparing for their upcoming book.

You are not going to want to miss this one. The writing style is great; it's easy to read, but chocked full of details and quotes from original sources; I could not even complain about sentence structure and punctuation! John even knows the proper use of apostrophes!!!

The team hopes to have the book in publication by the end of the year - and yes, I am threatening them because I want it out in time for our 2014 conference in March.

These guys have labored through this project despite the distance between their abodes. One lives in Canada, the other in Texas.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-10-2013, 07:47 PM
RE: Inside the Walls
(05-10-2013 07:41 PM)L Verge Wrote:  John Elliott and Barry Cauchon have been doing fantastic research over the past few years related to life at the Arsenal Penitentiary for the Lincoln conspirators. I just had the privilege of reading a small sample (ten pages) of the text that John is preparing for their upcoming book.

You are not going to want to miss this one. The writing style is great; it's easy to read, but chocked full of details and quotes from original sources; I could not even complain about sentence structure and punctuation! John even knows the proper use of apostrophes!!!

The team hopes to have the book in publication by the end of the year - and yes, I am threatening them because I want it out in time for our 2014 conference in March.

These guys have labored through this project despite the distance between their abodes. One lives in Canada, the other in Texas.

It's one I shall be buying.

‘I’ve danced at Abraham Lincoln’s birthday bash... I’ve peaked.’
Leigh Boswell - The Open Doorway.
http://earthkandi.blogspot.co.uk/
05-10-2013, 08:02 PM
Agreed, Laurie!

I, too have had the pleasure of proofing John and Barry's work - it's, in my estimation as well, perfect....can't be improved upon and I really can't wait for this one!

These guys have put so much detail and loving care into their work - it is certainly to be an assassination buff's "Bible" of the trial and incarceration!

"The Past is a foreign country...they do things differently there" - L. P. Hartley
05-16-2013, 05:34 PM
A much needed and welcome addition to the field.

Bill Nash
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-17-2013, 06:57 AM
I can say that all who know John and Barry from their greatr presentations at the Surratt Conference will attest to their passion and professionalism. They have taken an area of the assassination, not completely picked over, and brought the subject of the prisoner's confinement and execution to to life.