Mike Kauffman's Death of Lincoln Website
02-06-2013, 04:43 PM
Mike Kauffman's Death of Lincoln Website
I just received an email from a visitor to my website telling me that Lincoln assassination expert and author Mike Kauffman has begun his own website here. I am sure his website will be a wonderful source of information for all the many folks who are interested in Lincoln's assassination.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-06-2013, 08:29 PM
RE: Mike Kauffman's Death of Lincoln Website
Actually, his wife Mary started it.
02-06-2013, 08:40 PM (This post was last modified: 02-06-2013 08:56 PM by L Verge.)
I believe the site is being managed by his wife, Mary, as a tribute to Mike's work in the assassination field. At the present time, it does not appear to be a discussion forum. However, if you have any interest in the assassination story at all, you should definitely own a copy of his American Brutus.

As a sidebar, staff and volunteers at Surratt House are often asked by visitors what books they should read to get a general understanding of the story. We rate them mainly according to what the visitor might already know. A good one to begin with is James Swanson's Manhunt for the novice; if the patron has the general background, we then recommend Ed Steers's Blood on the Moon; and finally, when they are ready for an encyclopedic approach, American Brutus is recommended.

Of course, there are several others that we recommend from the perspective of the topic, such as Alias Paine by our own Betty O or Steers's His Name Is Still Mudd, which focuses on one character in particular - or The Darkest Dawn by Tom Goodrich or They Have Killed Papa Dead by Anthony Pitch (to name just two) that focus on the events and turmoil surrounding the murder. For a full list of recommended books, please visit our under-renovation website at http://www.surratt.org.

Rich - sliding a little off target, the new book on Crime Buff's Guide to Outlaw Washington, D.C. recalls the mysterious, unsolved murder of one of JFK's alleged paramours in 1964, Mary Pinchot Meyer. I didn't realize that she is buried in your hometown of Milford.
02-06-2013, 11:05 PM
That is correct Laurie. Mary was quite a person and travelled in wide circles knowing Timothy Leary and JFK. She was the niece of Gifford Pinchot who began the Forest Service right here in Milford. The original school is part of downtown Milford. His home Grey Towers sits on the hill overlooking the town. JFK gave a speech on the front lawn weeks before traveling to Dallas. Mary kept a diary in which she chronicled her affair with JFK and taking acid with him in the White House. The day after she was mysteriously murdered, a CIA agent broke into her apartment looking for the diary.
To get back on track, Mary is buried in the same cemetery as Jeannie Gourlay.
02-07-2013, 09:06 AM
"Timothy Leary's dead. No, he's outside looking in." Smile

Bill Nash
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user