A desk made out of used books
12-15-2012, 02:29 PM
A desk made out of used books
Thank you to Laurie who sent this creative idea!

[Image: oldbooks.jpg]
An idea for those of you who have had books take over your life and home
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-15-2012, 02:46 PM
RE: A desk made out of used books
My luck, though, is that I would put the one book I think I'll never need right in the middle and then the next day need it.

Best
Rob

Abraham Lincoln in the only man, dead or alive, with whom I could have spent five years without one hour of boredom.
--Ida M. Tarbell

I want the respect of intelligent men, but I will choose for myself the intelligent.
--Carl Sandburg
12-15-2012, 04:04 PM
I've heard of a desk-book but never a book-desk!

Bill Nash
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-15-2012, 06:05 PM
Great! But what if you want to re-read or reference that one book in the middle?!?

"The Past is a foreign country...they do things differently there" - L. P. Hartley
12-15-2012, 06:54 PM (This post was last modified: 12-15-2012 11:46 PM by Gene C.)
Don't worry, those are just a few of the books that I used to study for my insurance professional designation (Charted Propery Casualty Underwriter, CPCU)

After personal experience, I donated them here. This is the lobby of the sleep aid and insomnia research center. They work every time and definately non habit forming. ZZZzzzzz Sleepy

So when is this "Old Enough To Know Better" supposed to kick in?
12-16-2012, 06:22 AM
You're saying you read every single page of every single book in that picture? Our cat reads daily, but nothing like you, Fido.
12-16-2012, 06:36 AM
Maybe the desk is made of books because the books are no longer needed-they've been replaced with electronic media. I do fear that the death knell for paper books has been sounded-they will go the way of cassettes, 8 tracks, records, and soon (I predict)-compact disks. Hey, maybe we could make a lamp out of compact disks to sit on the table made of books!

Bill Nash
12-16-2012, 09:25 AM
(12-16-2012 06:22 AM)RJNorton Wrote:  You're saying you read every single page of every single book in that picture?

Read or slept through. I think on some of those, the authors got paid by the word. (Yawn) Gotta go now, it's time for my after breakfast nap.

So when is this "Old Enough To Know Better" supposed to kick in?
12-16-2012, 08:43 PM
"Let's see, where is that book I need to see. Oh darn, it's in the middle of the book desk!"

Bill Nash
12-22-2012, 04:47 PM
[quote='LincolnMan' pid='9727' dateline='1355654164']
Maybe the desk is made of books because the books are no longer needed-they've been replaced with electronic media. I do fear that the death knell for paper books has been sounded-they will go the way of cassettes, 8 tracks, records, and soon (I predict)-compact disks. Hey, maybe we could make a lamp out of compact disks to sit on the table made of books!
[/quote

You could make a book out of "Dark Union" and "So I killed Lincoln, John Wilkes Booth" and Balsinger's "The Lincoln Conspiracy". Upstairs I will have the Otto Eisenshimmel nightstand.
12-23-2012, 09:44 AM
And speaking of books, I wonder how many books about Lincoln were published in 2012?

Bill Nash
12-24-2012, 06:53 PM
(12-23-2012 09:44 AM)LincolnMan Wrote:  And speaking of books, I wonder how many books about Lincoln were published in 2012?

That's a great question, Laurie would probably be the best person on the symposium that could venture a guess. Laurie???