Take the Lincoln Quiz
11-08-2012, 01:11 PM
Take the Lincoln Quiz
No doubt you can get 100% on this Lincoln Quiz, but maybe you know other people who should take it.

http://www.goodreads.com/quizzes/19751-abraham-lincoln

Pass it on! to people who need to know more about our greatest president.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-08-2012, 02:30 PM (This post was last modified: 11-08-2012 02:31 PM by Rob Wick.)
RE: Take the Lincoln Quiz
Just a couple of points.

Lincoln was not a senator from Illinois before being president. Before being elected president, he was a representative in 1846 who served one term in Congress.

Also, Booth did not die "in a gunfight." He was shot in the neck by Boston Corbett as he (Booth) made his way toward the front of the Garrett tobacco barn. He never fired a shot.

You got me on the "Lincoln died" question. Of course he didn't die in the theater as I incorrectly said. Fun quiz!

Best
Rob

Abraham Lincoln in the only man, dead or alive, with whom I could have spent five years without one hour of boredom.
--Ida M. Tarbell

I want the respect of intelligent men, but I will choose for myself the intelligent.
--Carl Sandburg
11-08-2012, 04:44 PM
Rob: Don't you just hate it when the quiz can't even get the answers right!

Bill Nash
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-09-2012, 10:53 AM
(11-08-2012 04:44 PM)LincolnMan Wrote:  Rob: Don't you just hate it when the quiz can't even get the answers right!

Bill,

There is a "Lincoln Classroom" site that has a quiz and, often, their answers are keyed incorrectly. It drives me to distraction, but nothing that can't be cured by a glass of wine!

Joe