"Lincoln Assassins" conspiracy show review
01-19-2019, 03:08 AM
"Lincoln Assassins" conspiracy show review
I came across this review of a cable "history" show about the Lincoln Assassination conspiracy (with a definite emphasis on "conspiracy") from 5 years ago which I find simply hilarious. The reviewer admits his lack of knowledge/interest in the Civil War era, and it definitely shows a few times. But it still is a pretty good takedown of conspiracy theories involving Booth and the Kinghts of the Golden Circle. But the funniest (and disturbing) part is when the reviewer goes deep into the rabbithole of the mindbendingly weird other conspiracy theories of the sources and presenters used for the program.

http://www.jasoncolavito.com/blog/review...-assassins
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-19-2019, 06:00 AM
RE: "Lincoln Assassins" conspiracy show review
Back in 2013 we had a thread on the Knights of the Golden Circle here.
01-19-2019, 02:17 PM
RE: "Lincoln Assassins" conspiracy show review
(01-19-2019 06:00 AM)RJNorton Wrote:  Back in 2013 we had a thread on the Knights of the Golden Circle here.

I mentioned the book by David Keehn in that thread and still recommend it highly for anyone interested in the KGC - which I believe was an active group intent on expanding the Southern territory, and I am pretty sure that JWB was a member, albeit not an active one, as were the O'Laughlen brothers.