Extra Credit Questions
09-22-2012, 01:40 PM
RE: Extra Credit Questions
I did some "research" and discovered the answer, Roger, but I'll hold off to give others a chance.

Best
Rob

Abraham Lincoln in the only man, dead or alive, with whom I could have spent five years without one hour of boredom.
--Ida M. Tarbell

I want the respect of intelligent men, but I will choose for myself the intelligent.
--Carl Sandburg
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-22-2012, 01:50 PM (This post was last modified: 09-22-2012 04:24 PM by RJNorton.)
Ok, Rob. The prize is a night on the town with Denise Richards which you already have won previously. If a female member gets this question right I have arranged a night on the town with Johnny Depp as the prize.
09-22-2012, 01:56 PM
Yeah, she kept talking about some guy named Charlie Sheen. Ruined the whole night for me.

Best
Rob

Abraham Lincoln in the only man, dead or alive, with whom I could have spent five years without one hour of boredom.
--Ida M. Tarbell

I want the respect of intelligent men, but I will choose for myself the intelligent.
--Carl Sandburg
09-22-2012, 02:02 PM
Don't know the answer, but "is" is correct. None is really "no one."
09-22-2012, 04:45 PM
I am guessing it is either Sarah Rickard or Elizabeth Abell.
09-22-2012, 04:54 PM (This post was last modified: 09-22-2012 06:35 PM by RJNorton.)
Yes, Rich. Your guess of Sarah Rickard is correct. For those folks who have Herndon's Informants see p. 664 at the very top. It is in a letter she wrote Herndon.

You win a free dinner at Gautier's Restaurant with Denise Richards, a student of mine in Downers Grove, Illinois, in 1984.
09-22-2012, 06:37 PM
My other guess was going to be Matilda Edwards. Great question Roger.

Bill Nash
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-23-2012, 10:43 AM
Thank you Roger. My wife will never let me go so I am giving this dinner invite to Mr. Wick.
09-23-2012, 11:43 AM
Quote:Thank you Roger. My wife will never let me go so I am giving this dinner invite to Mr. Wick.

OK, but if the paparazzi shows up this time, I can't be held accountable for my actions. Big Grin

Best
Rob

--Ida M. Tarbell

--Carl Sandburg
09-25-2012, 09:33 AM
Although books often differ on the exact details, Robert Lincoln was in the general proximity of three presidential assassinations.

Because of this, one author nicknamed him Jinxy McDeath.

Who dubbed Robert as Jinxy McDeath?
09-25-2012, 09:40 AM
Sarah Vowell.

Best
Rob

--Ida M. Tarbell

--Carl Sandburg
09-25-2012, 09:49 AM
My gosh, asked and answered in 7 minutes. I don't even have a prize ready. Kudos, Rob. Since I don't have a prize ready, I'll just send you cash.
09-25-2012, 10:07 AM
Cash is always good. In large bills, if you don't mind.

Best
Rob

--Ida M. Tarbell

--Carl Sandburg
09-26-2012, 02:26 PM
In 1838 Lincoln included this sentence in a letter he wrote. To whom was he writing?

"I now have come to the conclusion never again to think of marrying and for the reason that I never could be satisfied with anyone who would be blockhead enough to have me."
09-26-2012, 02:44 PM
Eliza Browning, wife of Orville Hickman Browning.

Best
Rob

--Ida M. Tarbell

--Carl Sandburg