Extra Credit Questions
06-09-2013, 08:50 AM
RE: Extra Credit Questions
Regardless of what Kit Carson would think, the Germans have the lead! Time to don the lederhosen, eat some bratwurst and celebrate, Eva!.

Germans 3
Yanks 1

Don't worry about the devastating defeats, Eva. They're a given. We'll worry about that later. It's coming. Trust me.

"There are few subjects that ignite more casual, uninformed bigotry and condescension from elites in this nation more than Dixie - Jonah Goldberg"
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-09-2013, 08:53 AM (This post was last modified: 06-09-2013 01:19 PM by Eva Elisabeth.)
You are too kind, all of you. Roger, in German it really has an unpleasant connotation. Since I'm a Northerner, too, I could also enlist there...It's up to you.
However, let me have another try:

What happened on February 7, 2013?

Hint#1: It has to do with Jan.31, 1865 and with a "Rebel" State
06-09-2013, 12:17 PM (This post was last modified: 06-09-2013 12:22 PM by L Verge.)
Was just ready to say that Feb. 7, 2013, was when Connecticut blasted the Lincoln movie about having bad history; but I just read the hint - back to the drawing board.

Mississippi finally got around to ratifying the 13th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution
06-09-2013, 12:46 PM
That's it. It was ratified on March 16,1995, but not formally filed until Feb 7, 2013.
06-09-2013, 06:49 PM
Herr Beckert - Por favor, ADJUST THE SCORE!
06-09-2013, 07:28 PM
Yes, ma'am. You're going to keep a close eye on me over here, too, aren't you? Dang Rebel.

Germans 3
Yanks 2

"There are few subjects that ignite more casual, uninformed bigotry and condescension from elites in this nation more than Dixie - Jonah Goldberg"
06-09-2013, 07:42 PM
(06-09-2013 07:28 PM)J. Beckert Wrote:  Yes, ma'am. You're going to keep a close eye on me over here, too, aren't you? Dang Rebel.

Germans 3
Yanks 2

Wait a minute, I don't think I'm working for the Yanks or the Germans. I'm one of those terrible Southern Rebels. Remember? How are we going to decipher these scores? It's not nice to confuse Mama Verge...
06-09-2013, 07:46 PM
??? Have I missed something? Laurie, did you defect?
06-09-2013, 08:00 PM
(06-09-2013 07:42 PM)L Verge Wrote:  
(06-09-2013 07:28 PM)J. Beckert Wrote:  Yes, ma'am. You're going to keep a close eye on me over here, too, aren't you? Dang Rebel.

Germans 3
Yanks 2

Wait a minute, I don't think I'm working for the Yanks or the Germans. I'm one of those terrible Southern Rebels. Remember? How are we going to decipher these scores? It's not nice to confuse Mama Verge...

Not any more, honey! You're a Yank on this field! (That's great! - Laurie the Yank!) If you're not helping us Germans, you're a Yank.

Please see post # 934 for the preliminary rules. Thank you. Oh. Excuse me. Danke.

06-09-2013, 08:19 PM
OK, do I understand this correctly? I am now a reconstructed Reb working for the Yankees against you and Eva? And right now, I appear to be a team of 1? How do you say B.S. in German and Jersey?

BTW: I am about to divulge a carefully hidden family secret. I truly am a naturally born Yankee - the only one in my family. Thanks to Uncle Sam, I was born on Mitchell Field, near Garden City, on Long Island, NY. Mom and Dad and I quickly escaped to Dixie when I was six-months old, however.
06-09-2013, 09:39 PM (This post was last modified: 06-09-2013 09:42 PM by J. Beckert.)
Let me explain. You beat Eva on her question, so you must have no German in you. You've "Stumped the Germans". Unlike Yankees, no German would ever turn on another German. Unlike "Stump the Yankee", where I can't buy a friend, if Eva wants to run with this, I will have one friend on this board that doesn't try and kill me.

"Yanks" applies to all Americans. Unless you're posting for the German side, you're a Yank. As distasteful as that may be for you, you're now a little Yank!

I've heard the story about you being born on Yankee soil. That washed off long ago, my dear. Trust me.

06-11-2013, 08:11 AM
What Lincoln-related event happened in this house?

[Image: thishouse.jpg]
06-11-2013, 08:14 AM
And speaking of Kit Carson- like so many in American history that were well known- he is forgotten today.

Bill Nash
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-11-2013, 08:55 AM
The snow is making me think north. Did Lincoln stay there when he visited RTL at Phillips Exeter?

06-11-2013, 09:03 AM
Nope. Good try, Joe.

Hint #1: Lincoln was never in the home.