Assassination Trivia
09-18-2012, 12:26 PM
Assassination Trivia
When John Wilkes Booth was younger he had a black stallion. What was his black stallion's name?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-18-2012, 01:01 PM
RE: Assassination Trivia
Cola de Rizo (or some such name....Cola something - and it won't Coke! HA!)

"The Past is a foreign country...they do things differently there" - L. P. Hartley
09-18-2012, 01:24 PM
Yes, Betty, you got it. The horse's name was Cola di Rienzi. The horse was named for a Roman patriot.

I have already given away my win tickets on Bodemeister in the 2012 Kentucky Derby. But I also have win tickets on Bodemeister in the 2012 Preakness. You win those! Kudos.
09-18-2012, 01:38 PM
Thanks, Roger! And sorry for the misspelling! HA!

"The Past is a foreign country...they do things differently there" - L. P. Hartley
09-18-2012, 02:22 PM
No problem. Just take these win tickets on Bodemeister to any teller at Pimlico Race Course and see what they give you!
09-18-2012, 02:52 PM
Probably a hard time! Big Grin

09-18-2012, 04:18 PM
Detective William Williams offered Thomas Jones a substantial dollar amount for information leading to the arrest of Booth and Herold. How much was it?

09-18-2012, 04:45 PM
$100,000.

Best
Rob

Abraham Lincoln in the only man, dead or alive, with whom I could have spent five years without one hour of boredom.
--Ida M. Tarbell

I want the respect of intelligent men, but I will choose for myself the intelligent.
--Carl Sandburg
09-18-2012, 05:03 PM (This post was last modified: 09-18-2012 05:04 PM by BettyO.)
Great, Rob! You got it!

09-18-2012, 05:12 PM
Who played John Wilkes Booth,Robin Hood and Joshua in the movies and what scandalous things would he do concerning his movie star wives?
Tom
09-18-2012, 05:32 PM
Tom.

John Derek, and he took nude photos for Playboy of Ursula Andress, Linda Evans and Bo Derek.

Best
Rob

Abraham Lincoln in the only man, dead or alive, with whom I could have spent five years without one hour of boredom.
--Ida M. Tarbell

I want the respect of intelligent men, but I will choose for myself the intelligent.
--Carl Sandburg
09-18-2012, 05:39 PM
You are correct,Rob,and your prize is the issues of Playboy with the John Derek photos of his wives.
tom
09-18-2012, 05:48 PM
Rob, it didn't take you long to answer, how come you to knew that?

So when is this "Old Enough To Know Better" supposed to kick in?
09-18-2012, 05:59 PM
Thanks Tom, but neither Droopy nor my wife will let me keep those magazines in the house.

Gene, by process of deduction. My first thought was that Douglas Fairbanks played Robin Hood, so I checked to see if he ever played Booth or Joshua. Strike one. I then looked up all actors who played Booth at the IMDB, and picked names that I thought might have also played Robin Hood or Joshua. First was Raoul Walsh, but since he didn't play Robin Hood or Joshua that was strike two. Then I noticed John Derek and remembered that he played in The Ten Commandments, but I couldn't remember what role. When I saw it was Joshua, I figured he also must have played Robin Hood, which he did in Rogues of Sherwood Forest.

As for the wives, that was part of his Wikipedia entry (I know, I know, but give me a break. I'm also knee-deep in Tarbell right nowBig Grin ).

Best
Rob

--Ida M. Tarbell

--Carl Sandburg
09-21-2012, 01:50 PM (This post was last modified: 09-21-2012 01:57 PM by RJNorton.)
Who is this man?

[Image: mysterymale.jpg]