Assassination Trivia
05-28-2013, 07:19 AM
RE: Assassination Trivia
Nope, not him.

Hint #5: This man used a middle initial, but no assassination book (at least that I own) says what the initial stood for (if anything).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-28-2013, 07:34 AM (This post was last modified: 05-28-2013 07:35 AM by BettyO.)
Louis J. Weichmann?

"The Past is a foreign country...they do things differently there" - L. P. Hartley
05-28-2013, 07:56 AM
Kudos, Betty! That is correct. The claim is on p. 6 of Weichmann's book. He says it happened at a public reception, and he shook hands with Lincoln. It says, Taking my hand in his with a firm, full grasp, his words were, "How do you do, sir? I am glad to see you."
05-28-2013, 08:13 AM
Wow! That was a hard one, Roger! Really hard.....!

"The Past is a foreign country...they do things differently there" - L. P. Hartley
05-31-2013, 01:58 PM
I am posing a "stumper" that should have my Yankee antagonist growing old before his time. I almost posted on the thread that he created, but I decided to be more ladylike. If Yankee Joe gets the correct answer to this one, I will double his score!

On April 10, 1861, the New York Times reported that a package, likely destined for the White House, was received by the Washington City post office. The box had been broken open somewhat, and in the process of inspecting it, the contents fell out. What were the contents?
05-31-2013, 02:06 PM
Is it allowed for non-Yankees and non-Southerners (but so. addicted to such games) to guess, too? I know I recently read that, also know where, but the book is at home, so - I guess it was something like a ham?
05-31-2013, 02:23 PM (This post was last modified: 05-31-2013 02:23 PM by J. Beckert.)
Whoa! Double my score? I'm all over this! Roger - can you switch this over to the other thread?

"There are few subjects that ignite more casual, uninformed bigotry and condescension from elites in this nation more than Dixie - Jonah Goldberg"
05-31-2013, 02:47 PM
Sorry, Joe, after much struggling, trial and error, etc. I have figured out how to move entire threads but not individual posts.
05-31-2013, 02:50 PM
Stand by....

"There are few subjects that ignite more casual, uninformed bigotry and condescension from elites in this nation more than Dixie - Jonah Goldberg"
05-31-2013, 02:54 PM
(05-31-2013 02:06 PM)Eva Elisabeth Wrote:  Is it allowed for non-Yankees and non-Southerners (but so. addicted to such games) to guess, too?

YES, most definitely, Eva! Everyone is welcome!
05-31-2013, 02:56 PM
You may be of ANY sectional persuasion to participate. Believe it or not, Yankee Joe and I are good friends. We just like to irritate each other.

Eva - Guess again; and I sure hope you don't have the book I'm using as the source for this.
05-31-2013, 03:03 PM (This post was last modified: 05-31-2013 03:09 PM by Eva Elisabeth.)
I withdraw, my package was opened AT the White House...BTW Mr Pitt, your anti-aging treatment is amazingly successful!
06-02-2013, 05:32 AM
In the Lincoln assassination saga many doctors are mentioned. One of them had a grandfather who participated in the Boston Tea Party. Which doctor was this?
06-02-2013, 06:53 AM
Dr Leale?

06-02-2013, 08:36 AM
Good guess, Betty, but it's not Dr. Leale.