"The Party of Lincoln!"
10-14-2016, 05:39 PM
"The Party of Lincoln!"
During this election season, there has been more talk than usual about the party of Lincoln and I was just wondering about what you are all thinking about these comments we are hearing. I am getting the impression that people didn't know hardly anything about the Party of Lincoln, or even Lincoln and that most of them never even understood why Lincoln was even elected to be our President. It's amazing to me how these people can run for public office and be so dumb about the country they claim to love and want to serve and it's history.

When I listen to many of the Republicans who keep referring to this, I am stunned at how they don't even understand what President Lincoln stood for or what his Presidency was really all about. If they want to claim the party of Lincoln, why don't they know more about it?

There is so much collective knowledge at this sight and I am honored to be able to come here and share my ideas and opinions and to learn from all of you. I just can't understand how people don't know their history, especially if the want to be of public service in the biggest job this country has to offer.

What amazes me even more, is the lack of education and the misunderstanding people have about President Lincoln and his leadership within his own party.

I grew up in politics and I find all of his to be very educational and interesting. I have been researching and studying a lot about Lincoln and his Presidency and right now, it seems far removed from their reference to it.

I would be interested to know if any of you have taken notice and what you might think.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-14-2016, 10:17 PM
RE: "The Party of Lincoln!"
I've noticed. I can agree with every thing you've said.
I'm disappointed in the choices we as a country have made for this election.

So when is this "Old Enough To Know Better" supposed to kick in?
10-15-2016, 02:22 AM (This post was last modified: 10-15-2016 02:23 AM by Gencor.)
RE: "The Party of Lincoln!"
(10-14-2016 10:17 PM)Gene C Wrote:  I've noticed. I can agree with every thing you've said.
I'm disappointed in the choices we as a country have made for this election.

Its odd to me too, Gene. I can't understand how they can say these are two of the most disliked, because if that is so, how did they both get their party's nomination? I am even more concerned that we did have some really good candidates to chose from, at the start but I am interested in what is going on in this country, that would have ever allowed Donald Trump to get the nomination, when there were so many really better choices for the party? He truly wasn't the best in the primaries and it didn't seem that the party was strong enough to promote the other candidates more. I also think that the cable press gave Trump billions in free press. At one point, if I wouldn't have known any better, I would have thought he was the only candidate in the race, on either side. I blame the press for this, alot.

I just remember whenwhe had wonderful historians in our Senate and in the House. In those days, it seems that people knew more and were more intelligent about the workings of the congress and what it meant. Today, I watch some of the congressmen and women on television in interviews, honestly, I have never seen so many really stupid people. They are all about partisan, party power, nothing about the true history or what they are suppose to be doing there.

The Presidential choices are bad enough but the congress!!!! Talk about a good house cleaning!!!! This has got to be the most do nothing congress in the last 25 years. They couldn't even get together to pass a bill to give Flint, Michigan clean water! Those people are suffering up there but they wanted to tack on so much other garbage, they couldn't get the bill passed to help those people. The children don't even have clean water to bath in. They passed a bill to help us in Louisiana but they couldn't pass a bill to help the Zica Virus problem because, again, they tacked on a bunch of planned parenthood garbage and the bill never passed. This is horrible!

I can understand why people want it to change but sometimes the change should start in the congress first. It is corroded with people who don't have a clue what they are doing there.