Congratulations!
05-12-2016, 12:43 PM
RE: Congratulations!
Thank you, Miss Bellatrix and Susan.

I think that most of us on the forum have tons of Lincoln related books, Susan, yet we still keep buying them. Speaking of one of my recent purchases, I am enjoying Hanging Mary very much, especially as it written in the two voices of Nora Fitzpatrick and Mary Surratt. I skipped ahead to the end (I usually don't do that but I already knew the ending) to see how you handled Mary's hanging from her perspective. I liked the line, "Then a muffled clap, like that of a weary playgoer, sounded from the ground below." That brings us back to Ford's Theater on the night of April 14 and it also tells us how exhausted and broken down Mary has become.

I'm looking forward to your new novel on Mary Lincoln and her sister, Emilie.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-12-2016, 04:55 PM
Congratulations Linda. Wonderful to have a passion that's rewarding and so much fun.
05-22-2016, 05:25 PM
Congrats, Linda. I am just catching up today and just read your fabulous news!
05-23-2016, 04:16 PM
Congratulations. That's wonderful.

" Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the American Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford
05-24-2016, 07:59 AM
(05-10-2016 06:39 AM)BettyO Wrote:  Congratulations to Linda Anderson for being a Finalist/Winner in the 2016 Tassy Walden Awards - "New Voices in Children's Literature"

Linda won for her Middle Grade novel (hopefully soon to be published) - Mom and John Wilkes Booth

Congrats, Linda
05-24-2016, 01:06 PM
Way to go Linda!! I remember talking about this book with you during lunch at the Surratt Conference. The award couldn't have gone to a better person.
05-24-2016, 02:44 PM
Thank you all so much for your kind words of support!!!

Scott, I remember you asking what I was working on after "Ghost Train" so I told you my story about JWB, an assassination forum, hoarding and a very supportive physical therapist!

You noted correctly that Mom's assassination stuff wouldn't take up that much room (she's only been hoarding since Dad left a year earlier) and I said that Mom hoards a lot of other stuff as well.

I'm so used to reading about the assassination and JWB memorabilia that it will be fun to see the reactions of people who have never heard of, say, Bobblehead Booth and Cardboard Booth. I found out that many adult readers of "Ghost Train" had no idea that Seward was also attacked on assassination night, as the Sewards called it.
05-24-2016, 03:04 PM
(05-24-2016 02:44 PM)Linda Anderson Wrote:  had no idea that Seward was also attacked on assassination night

I have been running my website for 20 years now, and I could not agree more. It is astounding how many Americans...even those with a strong interest in history...do not know about this.