Smyth and Garrett do it again...
03-15-2015, 10:22 AM
RE: Smyth and Garrett do it again...
Sounds good and interesting! I have no idea yet how to carry the books home I intend to buy, and it seems this will add to the issue.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-15-2015, 12:26 PM
(03-15-2015 10:22 AM)Eva Elisabeth Wrote:  Sounds good and interesting! I have no idea yet how to carry the books home I intend to buy, and it seems this will add to the issue.

I suggest that you plan on mailing your books home before you leave D.C. OR leave them with Surratt House to be mailed.
03-16-2015, 03:02 PM
(03-15-2015 12:26 PM)L Verge Wrote:  I suggest that you plan on mailing your books home before you leave D.C.
Yes, I hope there will be a way to mail them!
Would be great if - just in case - this was possible again:
(03-15-2015 12:26 PM)L Verge Wrote:  OR leave them with Surratt House to be mailed.
04-06-2015, 10:32 AM
Highly recommended - I am enjoying this book very much. I did not have any idea how complicated some of the flag stories are, and I compliment the authors for following/researching so many different stories of the flags. I appreciate the honesty of the authors as they acknowledge the difficulties in separating fact from legend. It's really a wonderful book, as was The Lincoln Assassination: Where Are They Now?
04-08-2015, 12:48 PM
Thank you everyone for the kind words. Rich and I were initially brought together by Laurie Verge for our common interest in the graves of those associated with the assassination. We both believe that history is not the past but is living and here with us and around all of us. History is tangible and should be felt and enjoyed. Most importantly, history should be shared.
04-08-2015, 01:45 PM
You both have done a wonderful job! Keep tracking 'em down!

"The Past is a foreign country...they do things differently there" - L. P. Hartley
04-22-2015, 10:24 AM
Here's a nice article on Jim and Rich's new book. Kudos, Rich and Jim!