Spielberg's Lincoln
11-06-2012, 03:28 PM (This post was last modified: 11-06-2012 03:28 PM by ninabeth13.)
RE: Spielberg's Lincoln
Mr. Spielberg's movie looks amazing... but it only covers the last 4 months of Lincoln's life. I am the screenwriter of Saving Lincoln, the other Lincoln film. Saving Lincoln covers the entire Civil War and tells the story of Abraham Lincoln's fiery trial as Commander-in-Chief from the perspective of his closest companion, Ward Hill Lamon.

In honor of Election Day, we just released our Motion Poster. You can see it on our website or Facebook page:
http://www.savinglincoln.com
http://www.Facebook.com/SavingLincoln

Please share it with everyone you know: word-of-mouth makes a huge difference for an independent film like ours. The more buzz we generate now, the sooner we'll play in a theater near you!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-06-2012, 04:27 PM
When do you anticipate this being on DVD? The gift shop at the Surratt House Museum might be interested in selling it if the wholesale price is reasonable. Email details to me at laurie.verge@pgparks.com when info is available. Best wishes for a successful project.
11-06-2012, 04:57 PM
I will keep you posted on DVD release info. We expect to be in theaters Lincoln's birthday, and the film should be available for purchase soon after that. Thank you for your interest.
11-06-2012, 05:47 PM
I have viewed the"Saving Lincoln"-Web-Site-and-Facebook since the summer.I can't wait until it comes out! It is Unique,Creative,Historicaly Accurate,and has Awsome Photos.I plastered their photos all over my facebook page.The comments from friends,former students,and Lincoln History Lovers are amazing! I can say that people in Rochester,NY have enjoyed the creativity of "Saving Lincoln."
11-07-2012, 09:36 AM
Nice job on the Saving Lincoln website!

Bill Nash
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-15-2012, 07:20 PM
Greetings - I just wanted to introduce myself. Besides being the lucky guy who's married to Nina, I'm the co-writer of Saving Lincoln and its director. It's a great joy to interact with folks who share our fondness for Mr. Lincoln, and I look forward to continuing the conversation.
11-15-2012, 07:39 PM
Welcome, Mr. Litvak. It is very nice to have both you and Nina joining in on our ramblings. We must warn you - just as the dean of Lincoln assassination studies, James O. Hall, used to warn us - once bitten by the bug, there is no known cure...
11-15-2012, 07:51 PM
LOL, Ms. Verge. Twelve years into this project, I am long past curing! Here is a nice article that ran today, which talks about the genesis of Saving Lincoln. In truth, it all began with a book of Mr. Lincoln's jokes... http://www.jewishjournal.com/cover_story...am_lincoln
11-16-2012, 08:33 AM
Mr. Litvak, truly an honor to have you here!

Bill Nash
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-16-2012, 02:29 PM
One of my staff members, Joan Chaconas, is attending the Lincoln Forum Conference in Gettysburg this week and saw the Lincoln movie last night. Joan is not a movie person and seldom sees one. However, in a phone conversation this morning, she raved about the movie - "like being in a time machine" - "every actor or actress was perfect in the part" - "Daniel Day-Lewis is Lincoln reincarnated" - were some of her comments.
11-16-2012, 02:59 PM
Laurie,Thanks for Joan's review of "Lincoln".I plan on seeing it Tomorrow!
11-16-2012, 07:41 PM (This post was last modified: 11-16-2012 08:02 PM by jonathan.)
Just got in after catching a mid-afternoon matinee of Lincoln, which I enjoyed thoroughly. I won't try to spoil it for anybody, or put up unreasonable expectations, but I just thought it was very, very good. The movie just looked great, and the acting was excellent all around. I even enjoyed Tommy Lee Jones and James Spader, neither of whom I'm a fan of. But the standout, obviously, was Daniel Day-Lewis. I thought he was just fantastic. I don't keep up with movie awards, but I expect that he'll have a few coming his way. I was happy back when it was announced that Liam Neeson was bowing out and Lewis was taking his place. I've got no fight with Liam, but I can't imagine that he could have topped what Lewis did. Now to sit back and impatiently wait for a nice fat DVD release, hopefully one chock full of behind the scenes extras.

HA!! I knew I recognized Confederate Vice President Alexander Stephens, but just couldn't place him. I just looked it up and it was Jackie Earle Haley, a.k.a. Kelly Leake from the original Bad News Bears movies. Wow! Just....wow.

"The interment of John Booth was without trickery or stealth, but no barriers of evidence, no limits of reason ever halted the Great American Myth." - George S. Bryan, The Great American Myth
11-17-2012, 09:53 AM
We saw the film last night, too, and enjoyed it immensely! Daniel Day-Lewis and Sally Field were completely mesmerizing. Since I'm currently reading 'Team of Rivals' it was great fun to see many of the things in the book portrayed in the film. Earlier in the week I had shared the Ethan Allen story/joke with my husband, but during the movie he leaned over and said, "Lincoln tells it better than you!"

Sold out theater (with varying ages), lots of sniffles, and clapping. In fact, I saw three high school/college age boys, dressed typically for that age (lol) walking up to the ticket window and I sarcastically joked to my husband that they were probably waiting in line to buy tickets for Lincoln. Was I ever chagrined when I overheard them say "3 tickets for Lincoln" but it was sold out so they switched to the Bond movie!

So, don't give up on the younger generation quite yet!
11-17-2012, 05:49 PM
I just got home from seeing"Lincoln"-There were long lines-packed house-and ovations with cheering!The acting was outstanding.I have seen many movies in my lifetime and "Lincoln"was one of the best ever!
11-17-2012, 07:25 PM
Went to the 3 o'clock show today-it was SOLD OUT!!
So I'll try for the 5pm show tomorrow!