"Worst Seat in the House"?
12-05-2013, 07:21 PM
"Worst Seat in the House"?
Just got a Facebook friend request from a Caleb Stephens, who has written a book on Major Rathbone, titled Worst Seat in the House: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/rath...nd-the-ass
or if you have Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/caleb.stephens.1650

Anybody know anything about this? It's not showing up on Amazon.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-05-2013, 07:59 PM
RE: "Worst Seat in the House"?
(12-05-2013 07:21 PM)Tom Bogar Wrote:  Just got a Facebook friend request from a Caleb Stephens, who has written a book on Major Rathbone, titled Worst Seat in the House: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/rath...-the-*****
or if you have Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/caleb.stephens.1650

Anybody know anything about this? It's not showing up on Amazon.

Hi Tom,
The release date for the book is April 15, 2014, so unfortunately it's not available just yet. I tried contacting you through your website's contact page first, then thought I'd look you up on Facebook. If you have any questions, just send me a message.

Thanks, Caleb
12-05-2013, 08:18 PM
Caleb is on the agenda to speak in the afternoon at the Surratt conference in March. And Caleb, please beg your publisher to release at least some of them by March 1 so that we can have them in time for that conference and you can sign at the Authors' Hour!! If my contacting your publisher would help, just let me know names and emails. I am very used to begging...
12-05-2013, 08:21 PM (This post was last modified: 12-05-2013 08:21 PM by calebj123.)
(12-05-2013 08:18 PM)L Verge Wrote:  Caleb is on the agenda to speak in the afternoon at the Surratt conference in March. And Caleb, please beg your publisher to release at least some of them by March 1 so that we can have them in time for that conference and you can sign at the Authors' Hour!! If my contacting your publisher would help, just let me know names and emails. I am very used to begging...

Laurie, I'll have copies with me for the conference! So anyone can get an advanced copy if they'd like.
12-05-2013, 08:30 PM
Great. Can we buy from you and retail in our shop (which we set up at the conference for book sales)? That way, you won't have to mess with doing sales while signing and talking to our attendees. We'll do the hard part for you.
12-05-2013, 08:49 PM
(12-05-2013 08:30 PM)L Verge Wrote:  Great. Can we buy from you and retail in our shop (which we set up at the conference for book sales)? That way, you won't have to mess with doing sales while signing and talking to our attendees. We'll do the hard part for you.

Sounds like a plan!
12-06-2013, 08:12 PM
Sounds like this will be another over the top conference.
12-06-2013, 08:20 PM
We already have over sixty people registered, and the Friday bus tour only has about six seats (out of 50) available. That many registrants doesn't usually happen until mid-January. The bulk then flows in in time to beat the late-registration fee after March 1.
12-07-2013, 08:58 AM
I'm definitely staying over on Sunday to Monday for the Mosby Tour on Sunday morning - it'll be grand!

"The Past is a foreign country...they do things differently there" - L. P. Hartley
12-07-2013, 12:45 PM
Betty- who is the child in your avatar?

Bill Nash
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-07-2013, 01:55 PM
Bill - I am awful at identifying historical photos, but that is Lewis Powell as a baby. In the full photo, he is sitting on his mother's lap.
12-16-2013, 06:08 PM
I hope you bring enough books!
12-18-2013, 03:46 PM
Here it is!
[Image: p5tv.jpg]
12-18-2013, 06:48 PM (This post was last modified: 12-18-2013 06:53 PM by BettyO.)
Whoa....is it out?

I'm heading on over to Amazon.....!

Quote:Betty- who is the child in your avatar?

Bill - Laurie is correct - My avatar is baby Lew, age 2....courtesy of the Powell family. He is also holding his mother's miser's purse in the photo - apparently given to him to keep him still and preoccupied for the long photographic exposure.

"The Past is a foreign country...they do things differently there" - L. P. Hartley
12-19-2013, 09:24 AM
No, not released yet. This is from his web page.