Stump the German
12-03-2013, 08:36 AM
RE: Stump the German
(According to the rules you once framed, I also forgot the teasing, didn't I? Well, I think I need some coaching for that.)
Hint #2: It was something that is usually anyway needed for a baptizing ceremony.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-03-2013, 08:49 AM
Weihwasser
12-03-2013, 09:03 AM (This post was last modified: 12-03-2013 09:09 AM by Eva Elisabeth.)
Very close, holy water is correct, but of very special origin. So, where from? (Would that be a German point if you nailed it?)
12-03-2013, 09:40 AM
(12-03-2013 08:36 AM)Eva Elisabeth Wrote:  (According to the rules you once framed, I also forgot the teasing, didn't I? Well, I think I need some coaching for that.)

(Pssst....Eva! Try this -"Looks like the spaetzle brained Non Germans are having some trouble. That can only mean it's time for Hint #....)

(Richter's German. If he's right - take the point. Germans can't stump other Germans.)

"There are few subjects that ignite more casual, uninformed bigotry and condescension from elites in this nation more than Dixie - Jonah Goldberg"
12-03-2013, 09:43 AM (This post was last modified: 12-03-2013 09:48 AM by Eva Elisabeth.)
Mr. Richter has not entirely solved it yet. The main point is still missing. As for the teasig - I don't want to get the sack...

Hint #3: Mary herself had received the holy water from somewhere on the other side of the Atlantic.
12-03-2013, 10:28 AM
The River Jordan?
12-03-2013, 11:13 AM
Brilliant, Laurie, the gift was a bottle of Jordan water! Mary mentioned it in a letter she wrote to her grandnephew Edward Lewis Baker Jr. from Pau on June 22, 1870.

So the score is 1:1.
12-03-2013, 06:25 PM
I feel as if it is a Zimmermann note ordeal going on . . . someone is slipping the "cool" people all the answers!!!!!
12-03-2013, 08:17 PM
I'm not sure how to take that, Matt, so I am not going to make a reply...
12-04-2013, 12:12 AM
Cool, no one slipped me any answers

By stating your not going to make a reply, aren't you making a replyHuh

So when is this "Old Enough To Know Better" supposed to kick in?
12-04-2013, 10:14 AM
Gene - You definitely got my point!

BTW: I may have dreamed this, but for some reason I think I read that the new Prince George was baptized with water from the River Jordan???
12-07-2013, 08:35 AM (This post was last modified: 12-07-2013 01:18 PM by Eva Elisabeth.)
What are you going to do on June 26, 2014, at noon EST? Watching the soccer world cup game, I hope! Even if the US team stumps the Germans and wins (like they beat us 4:3 last June, our B-team more precisely) I'll call it partly a German victory due to the great coach you have (we miss him). 2013 has been the most successful year in US soccer history, hasn't it? I would consider this a great deal "Klinsi's" achievement. (Forgive me this comment, like most Germans I'm not patriotic unnless it comes to soccer!)

PS: I've often unsuccessfully attempted to understand baseball rules, I admire anyone who does. With soccer, it's quite simple: get the round thing in the square thing...
01-16-2014, 09:36 AM
1.) Which CW general named his eldest son "Lincoln"?

2.) There was another general who named his son "Lincoln", but he denied an offer to take over a command. You will stump the German if you name him!

Note: According to my source, these were the only ones. I will double-check your guesses, but this was even for one of the sought-after quite difficult. Thus for replies goes AFAIK (and if you are very sure about another one I'll be willing to believe you).
01-16-2014, 10:47 AM (This post was last modified: 01-16-2014 11:27 AM by Eva Elisabeth.)
Hint#1: Both were on the Union side.

Hint#2: The first one also wrote a Lincoln biography, and this was the second one:

01-16-2014, 11:54 AM
I'm stuck.
I can't even figure out what AFAIK is
As Far As I Know it stands for American Federation of Alternative Information (Klassified)

So when is this "Old Enough To Know Better" supposed to kick in?