Acknowledge Debt of Gratitude
Today, 07:00 AM
Acknowledge Debt of Gratitude
I want to acknowledge my heartfelt appreciation for all of the generous work these many years that Mr. Roger J. Norton has put into this very successful website on the subject of Abraham Lincoln.

"So very difficult a matter is it to trace and find out the truth of anything by history." -- Plutarch
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Today, 12:14 PM
RE: Acknowledge Debt of Gratitude
I can't even begin to imagine how many thousands (millions?) of school children across the country, and likely the world, have been helped by Roger's efforts in establishing and maintaining this board, not to mention how many social studies reports bear his mark. And how many, equally many, adult researchers (myself included) were fortunate enough to find this board when first seeking answers to questions about Lincoln, and the assassination, and then stayed to marvel at the breadth and depth of knowledge exhibited, and freely shared, by Roger and members of the board. As far as I know, there is nothing else like it, and yes, I agree, David, countless people of all ages owe a tremendous debt of gratitude to Roger for his dedicated, tireless work!
Today, 12:24 PM
(Today 12:14 PM)Tom Bogar Wrote:  I can't even begin to imagine how many thousands (millions?) of school children across the country, and likely the world, have been helped by Roger's efforts in establishing and maintaining this board, not to mention how many social studies reports bear his mark. And how many, equally many, adult researchers (myself included) were fortunate enough to find this board when first seeking answers to questions about Lincoln, and the assassination, and then stayed to marvel at the breadth and depth of knowledge exhibited, and freely shared, by Roger and members of the board. As far as I know, there is nothing else like it, and yes, I agree, David, countless people of all ages owe a tremendous debt of gratitude to Roger for his dedicated, tireless work!

Excellent Post!!!

"So very difficult a matter is it to trace and find out the truth of anything by history." -- Plutarch
Today, 03:07 PM
Somebody call Robert Ripley, because I'm about to agree with David (and no, for the younger readers I'm not going to explain the reference....look it up!)! I first "met" Roger on the old Abraham Lincoln Online mailbag and knew even then that he was something special, not only in the field of Lincolniana, but in life generally. Now if there was only some way to get him to cheer for St Louis instead of the Cubs. Oh well, no one is completely perfect!Smile

Well done, Roger!

Best
Rob

Abraham Lincoln is the only man, dead or alive, with whom I could have spent five years without one hour of boredom.
--Ida M. Tarbell

I want the respect of intelligent men, but I will choose for myself the intelligent.
--Carl Sandburg