People Remember Laurie
08-05-2024, 06:24 PM
People Remember Laurie
A friend posted this to Laurie's Dignity Memorial remembrance page today:

08/05/2024

Condolence to Laurie's daughter, grandson, family.
I had the pleasure of going to school with Laurie from grammar school through high school. We went to different colleges, I went to University of South Dakota School of Business, Alaska Pacific University, Business Management. Laurie went closer to home.
I always admired Laurie for many reasons. She was articulate, intelligent, friendly, loving to family, friends. She had a wonderful family background and many loving friends. Laurie was great in her role at the local museum. She had a way of making you feel welcome and gave wonderful information. Laurie, you are missed, loved! God bless you in heaven.

https://www.dignitymemorial.com/obituari...tes_button
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-08-2024, 08:33 AM
RE: People Remember Laurie
I was doing some reading the other day and it lead into something related to the Lincoln assassination. A question popped into my head and I thought, "I need to ask Laurie about that." My next thought was of course that Laurie was gone. It still saddens me. But thanks to her many contributions to this site, Laurie still lives with us. We are lucky.
08-08-2024, 12:37 PM
RE: People Remember Laurie
(08-05-2024 06:24 PM)RJNorton Wrote:  A friend posted this to Laurie's Dignity Memorial remembrance page today:

I thought that the following was another nice tribute to Laurie's memory:

Terry & Louie Redell
02/26/2020
We first met Laurie as "Miss Mays", our 8th-grade History Teacher. She was an excellent teacher, who made history fun. Our paths later crossed at Brandywine Elementary School where our daughters attended & were in the same Brownie Troop. I had the pleasure of getting to know her as Laurie Verge. We also attended Church together. Laurie was a devoted Mother and Daughter.

My high school history teacher was of the "dates and places" variety.

Just think of all the students through the years who had the pleasure of learning history from "Miss Mays", our 8th-grade History Teacher.

"So very difficult a matter is it to trace and find out the truth of anything by history." -- Plutarch