Lincoln Discussion Symposium
New Member - D. Holloway - Printable Version

+- Lincoln Discussion Symposium (https://rogerjnorton.com/LincolnDiscussionSymposium)
+-- Forum: Lincoln Discussion Symposium (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: News and Announcements (/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: New Member - D. Holloway (/thread-89.html)

New Member - D. Holloway - RJNorton - 07-19-2012 07:16 AM

We have a new member who joined the forum yesterday. His name may not be familiar to the folks on the forum, so I thought I should introduce him to the group.

He is Mr. Don Holloway, curator of the Gerald R. Ford Presidential Museum. In a message to me he said, "I follow Lincoln matters with great interest, and our 16th president figures into many temporary exhibits we curate at the museum."

Welcome, Mr. Holloway!

RE: New Member - D. Holloway - LincolnMan - 07-19-2012 07:31 AM

Mr. Holloway: Welcome! I am Bill Nash from Sterling Heights, Michigan-a "homey!"

RE: New Member - D. Holloway - sandman - 07-19-2012 09:13 PM

(07-19-2012 07:16 AM)RJNorton Wrote:  We have a new member who joined the forum yesterday. His name may not be familiar to the folks on the forum, so I thought I should introduce him to the group.

He is Mr. Don Holloway, curator of the Gerald R. Ford Presidential Museum. In a message to me he said, "I follow Lincoln matters with great interest, and our 16th president figures into many temporary exhibits we curate at the museum."

Welcome, Mr. Holloway!

Welcome, Don...odd, but i now look back upon gerry's reign w/nostalgia, as if it was the good old days before the bottom of this once-great nation fell completely and utterly out. Welcome!

RE: New Member - D. Holloway - LincolnMan - 07-19-2012 09:30 PM

Don: I am an admirer of Zachariah Chandler. What are your thoughts on the removal of Chandler's statue in the U.S. Capitol for President Fords?
Nothing like getting your feet wet, Don!