Lincoln Discussion Symposium
Back on line - hooray! - Printable Version

+- Lincoln Discussion Symposium (https://rogerjnorton.com/LincolnDiscussionSymposium)
+-- Forum: Lincoln Discussion Symposium (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Assassination (/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: Back on line - hooray! (/thread-887.html)

Back on line - hooray! - John Stanton - 05-01-2013 03:12 PM

I have been off line for about 2 weeks, and I finally got a fix. I switched from dial-up to wireless and the equipment supplied by Verison was defective. The "receiver" had not been updated. I complained, I visited their shops, I tried suggestions, etc. NO GOOD. I finally had one of their Agents come to the house. He agreed with me "it didn't work." He switched "receivers" - that was it. He messed with the old one and found that it was not updated. PS. They didn't offer any compensation for my problem.

RE: Back on line - hooray! - RJNorton - 05-01-2013 03:21 PM

Welcome back, John! Glad to hear you are online again.

While you were offline there was a thread in which Sarah Slater's will was mentioned if you go here.

RE: Back on line - hooray! - LincolnMan - 05-02-2013 11:10 AM

Glad it ended well, even though it meant being off-line for so long.

RE: Back on line - hooray! - BettyO - 05-02-2013 11:21 AM

Welcome back, John!!

I've got Verizon and I think I've got the very same problem. Have had them about 5-6 years and I'm now having to "refresh" my old Westell Model about 2-3 times a night just in order to keep the wireless connection. Should be done only once every two weeks or so - if THAT often! Tech Support (in India) doesn't help. This modem is old and I think that it's time for a new one!