Lincoln Discussion Symposium
Trivial Trivia - taking trivia to new levels - Printable Version

+- Lincoln Discussion Symposium (https://rogerjnorton.com/LincolnDiscussionSymposium)
+-- Forum: Lincoln Discussion Symposium (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Trivia Questions - all things Lincoln (/forum-8.html)
+--- Thread: Trivial Trivia - taking trivia to new levels (/thread-65.html)

RE: Trivial Trivia - taking trivia to new levels - RJNorton - 08-11-2012 05:20 AM

When Abraham Lincoln was president what was the amount of the annual appropriation that the White House could spend on books?

RE: Trivial Trivia - taking trivia to new levels - RJNorton - 08-11-2012 08:57 AM

Hint #1: The book I used to find this figure has already been mentioned previously in the forum.

RE: Trivial Trivia - taking trivia to new levels - Rob Wick - 08-11-2012 11:28 AM

$250, according to Harry E. Pratt.

Best
Rob

RE: Trivial Trivia - taking trivia to new levels - RJNorton - 08-11-2012 01:25 PM

Rob, that's the correct amount as well as the exact source used.

I keep giving away these free nights - you already have one in the Lincoln Bedroom. This one will be in Sandburg's Harbert home in Michigan. Just let the folks there know when you're coming.

RE: Trivial Trivia - taking trivia to new levels - Rob Wick - 08-11-2012 02:29 PM

Cool Roger!

Next time I want to go for the all-expense round trip to Connemara!

Best
Rob

RE: Trivial Trivia - taking trivia to new levels - RJNorton - 08-28-2012 12:28 PM

Very late on April 14th or very early on the 15th (sources differ on the exact time) George Atzerodt disposed of a knife in front of a store on the south side of F Street. What kind of store was it?

RE: Trivial Trivia - taking trivia to new levels - RJNorton - 08-28-2012 03:24 PM

Hint #1: The store's name was Creaser's. What product did it sell?

RE: Trivial Trivia - taking trivia to new levels - J. Beckert - 08-28-2012 04:06 PM

A drug store?

RE: Trivial Trivia - taking trivia to new levels - RJNorton - 08-28-2012 05:36 PM

Good guess, Joe, but it was not a drug store.

RE: Trivial Trivia - taking trivia to new levels - L Verge - 08-28-2012 07:08 PM

Creaser's was a shoe store. A lady in an adjacent house saw Atzerodt throw something in the gutter and sent a servant out to retrieve it.

RE: Trivial Trivia - taking trivia to new levels - RJNorton - 08-29-2012 05:23 AM

You are correct, Laurie!

You win one free pair of shoes from Harrods of Knightsbridge.

RE: Trivial Trivia - taking trivia to new levels - Rob Wick - 08-29-2012 08:28 AM

Roger,

Don't they have an outlet in Gettysburg where the Confederacy was headed to find some footwear?

Best
Rob

RE: Trivial Trivia - taking trivia to new levels - RJNorton - 08-29-2012 09:01 AM

Rob, I have heard that story. Possibly our newest member, Mike Kanazawich, will chime in here. Mike is an author as well as being a licensed battlefield guide at Gettysburg.

RE: Trivial Trivia - taking trivia to new levels - Laurie Verge - 08-29-2012 09:27 AM

Mike,

I'm so glad that you have joined this forum. Hello from Surrattsville.

RE: Trivial Trivia - taking trivia to new levels - RJNorton - 09-12-2012 06:41 AM

To the nearest 1/2 inch, what was the width of Abraham and Mary's house in Springfield?