Lincoln Discussion Symposium
Premiere of Killing Lincoln - Printable Version

+- Lincoln Discussion Symposium (https://rogerjnorton.com/LincolnDiscussionSymposium)
+-- Forum: Lincoln Discussion Symposium (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Other (/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: Premiere of Killing Lincoln (/thread-622.html)

Premiere of Killing Lincoln - Laurie Verge - 01-16-2013 02:37 PM

Just a note that the Surratt Society executive board and my staff at the museum have been invited to the world premiere of National Geographic Channel's docu-drama, Killing Lincoln, at their headquarters in Washington, D.C. on Feb. 11. This is by invitation only, and we are limited in how many can attend.

Due to my limited mobility, I have asked Betty Ownsbey to represent me at this event. So, Betty, we'll be expecting a full report on February 12! Betty may receive her own invitation since she was extremely helpful to the production staff while they were in Virginia.

RE: Premiere of Killing Lincoln - Joe Di Cola - 01-16-2013 03:20 PM

(01-16-2013 02:37 PM)Laurie Verge Wrote:  Just a note that the Surratt Society executive board and my staff at the museum have been invited to the world premiere of National Geographic Channel's docu-drama, Killing Lincoln, at their headquarters in Washington, D.C. on Feb. 11. This is by invitation only, and we are limited in how many can attend.

Due to my limited mobility, I have asked Betty Ownsbey to represent me at this event. So, Betty, we'll be expecting a full report on February 12! Betty may receive her own invitation since she was extremely helpful to the production staff while they were in Virginia.

Laurie,

Have I missed something? You mention limited mobility. Have you been injured or had surgery? I admit I do not visit the group every day.

Joe

RE: Premiere of Killing Lincoln - Laurie Verge - 01-16-2013 05:17 PM

This old lady has two knees that don't work the way they are supposed to, and right now, I'm allergic to scalpels. However, what I lack in mobility I make up for in "mouthability!"

RE: Premiere of Killing Lincoln - BettyO - 01-17-2013 08:29 AM

Haven't heard from anyone yet....but I did location scouting, historical consulting, etc.; assisted both the director and producer (WONDERFUL FOLK!) and loved every minute of it!

I'll definitely accept your invite, Laurie -- I'm honored to go and will have a BLAST !! Thanks so very, very much! I'll give ya'll a full report - with PHOTOS!!

RE: Premiere of Killing Lincoln - LincolnMan - 01-17-2013 08:36 AM

That's very exciting. Betty: Enjoy! We look forward to your comments.

RE: Premiere of Killing Lincoln - Gene C - 01-17-2013 09:45 AM

Make sure they serve the "Official" popcorn

http://rogerjnorton.com/LincolnDiscussionSymposium/thread-439.html?highlight=popcorn

RE: Premiere of Killing Lincoln - BettyO - 01-17-2013 10:15 AM

Of course! Nothing could be finer!!

Gene -

As far as Popcorn goes --- I prefer THIS variety, for obvious reasons!

[Image: popcornlew.jpg]

RE: Premiere of Killing Lincoln - BettyO - 01-17-2013 11:16 AM

Quote: That's very exciting. Betty: Enjoy! We look forward to your comments.

Bill Nash

Thanks, Bill - ya'll will hear (and see!) first hand from me!

RE: Premiere of Killing Lincoln - HerbS - 01-17-2013 09:04 PM

BettyO,You are too awesome!

RE: Premiere of Killing Lincoln - BettyO - 01-17-2013 09:14 PM

Herb m'dear, you are awesome yourself!!

RE: Premiere of Killing Lincoln - HerbS - 01-17-2013 10:03 PM

Hey,I forgot to tell Laurie that she is awesome too!-Thanks-Herb-As you would say-Ha!