Lincoln Discussion Symposium
Presidents and First Ladies Trivia - Printable Version

+- Lincoln Discussion Symposium (https://rogerjnorton.com/LincolnDiscussionSymposium)
+-- Forum: Lincoln Discussion Symposium (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Trivia Questions - all things Lincoln (/forum-8.html)
+--- Thread: Presidents and First Ladies Trivia (/thread-615.html)

RE: Presidents and First Ladies Trivia - Gene C - 09-09-2013 09:58 PM

Two pieces of bread, sliced banana and some peanut butter (I prefer crunchy) and you have one of Elvis Presley's favorites. He sometimes would add a couple of strips of bacon. Usually they fried or girlled the sandwich. There are several variations.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/nigella-lawson/elvis-presleys-fried-peanut-butter-and-banana-sandwich-recipe/index.html

RE: Presidents and First Ladies Trivia - Anita - 09-09-2013 11:43 PM

Yes Laurie! It's a fine line. My mother would try and get me to eat the ripe ones by singing the Chiquita Banana song-didn't work.

"I'm Chiquita banana and I've come to say - Bananas have to ripen in a certain way - When they are fleck'd with brown and have a golden hue - Bananas taste the best and are best for you -

Gene, banana & peanut butter, no bread. My mom was a Georgia girl. She ate white bread, mayo and sliced banana , know as a cold cream sandwich.

RE: Presidents and First Ladies Trivia - Eva Elisabeth - 09-19-2013 07:50 AM

George W. Bush held only one white-tie dinner at the White House. What was the occasion?

RE: Presidents and First Ladies Trivia - Rogerm - 09-19-2013 08:40 AM

Was it a dinner in honor of some of the survivors of the 9/11 attacks?

RE: Presidents and First Ladies Trivia - Eva Elisabeth - 09-19-2013 09:33 AM

It was indeed to honor someone, but none of those, I'm afraid.

RE: Presidents and First Ladies Trivia - L Verge - 09-19-2013 10:14 AM

Queen Elizabeth's visit about 5-6 years ago?

RE: Presidents and First Ladies Trivia - Eva Elisabeth - 09-19-2013 11:58 AM

Excellent, Laurie, it was the Queen's visit in 2007. She has already met 12 US presidents in her life! I like this picture because of the horses, but Ronald Reagan looks a bit sacred...Was he a horse rider?
[attachment=226]
BTW, I've several autographs of Princess Ann who regularly participated the CHIO horse show (horse riders might know this contest).

Laurie, your prize is "Pomp and circumsance" played exclusively for you at your dinnertable by our brilliant orchestra that'll come over tonight. Better prepare some more desserts.

To tell the truth, this was just the "warm-up question" for the following:

In December 1974, Gerald Ford invited one famous guest due to a request of his son. Who was this guest? (Note: The visitor didn't come alone.)

RE: Presidents and First Ladies Trivia - L Verge - 09-19-2013 12:34 PM

I believe that both Mr. and Mrs. Reagan were excellent riders. We often saw photographs of them riding at their ranch in California.

Eva - Forget me entertaining any guests! I did the cooking, baking, cleaning, being the perfect housewife thing for eleven years; and all I got for my efforts was a divorce. I'll write a 20-page article before I'll make anything but Jello for dessert!

RE: Presidents and First Ladies Trivia - Gene C - 09-19-2013 01:56 PM

I looked, but I couldn't find an Abraham Lincoln or John Wilkes Booth Jello commercial.
But I did find this .... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpClDlUjBc0

I may have to ask the wife to fix jello more often

RE: Presidents and First Ladies Trivia - RJNorton - 09-19-2013 03:29 PM

(09-19-2013 11:58 AM)Eva Elisabeth Wrote:  To tell the truth, this was just the "warm-up question" for the following:

In December 1974, Gerald Ford invited one famous guest due to a request of his son. Who was this guest? (Note: The visitor didn't come alone.)

[Image: georgefordAPx.jpg]

RE: Presidents and First Ladies Trivia - Linda Anderson - 09-19-2013 04:37 PM

George Harrison?

RE: Presidents and First Ladies Trivia - Eva Elisabeth - 09-19-2013 05:26 PM

Roger and Linda, I don't believe it. I didn't expect anyone would guess it without a hint. I haven't even thought about a prize because I was sure to have time enough...

Here's some info for all (former) Beatle-maniacs - the Southerners will at least like the web site!
http://likethedew.com/2011/09/08/george-harrison-hare-krishna-to-the-chief/

And finally a YouTube video also exists:
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gkVn-bjDH_8&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DgkVn-bjDH_8

RE: Presidents and First Ladies Trivia - RJNorton - 09-26-2013 05:37 AM

Which First Lady wrote this?

"Great learning and superior abilities, should you ever possess them, will be of little value and small Estimation, unless Virtue, Honour, Truth and integrity are added to them."

RE: Presidents and First Ladies Trivia - Eva Elisabeth - 09-26-2013 08:40 AM

Although it sounds like a 19th century statement - wild guess: Eleanor Roosevelt?

RE: Presidents and First Ladies Trivia - RJNorton - 09-26-2013 08:42 AM

Good guess, Eva, but it was an earlier First Lady.