Lincoln Discussion Symposium
Presidents and First Ladies Trivia - Printable Version

+- Lincoln Discussion Symposium (https://rogerjnorton.com/LincolnDiscussionSymposium)
+-- Forum: Lincoln Discussion Symposium (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Trivia Questions - all things Lincoln (/forum-8.html)
+--- Thread: Presidents and First Ladies Trivia (/thread-615.html)

RE: Presidents and First Ladies Trivia - RJNorton - 04-26-2013 07:15 AM

Gene, you are making me laugh! I am very sorry, but all of your guesses are wrong!

RE: Presidents and First Ladies Trivia - Eva Elisabeth - 04-26-2013 08:31 AM

Pat Nixon? (To make you laugh again: Julie Grant?)

Julia

RE: Presidents and First Ladies Trivia - J. Beckert - 04-26-2013 08:54 AM

Lady Bird Johnson?

RE: Presidents and First Ladies Trivia - RJNorton - 04-26-2013 09:06 AM

Eva and Joe, I am very sorry but all your guesses are incorrect.

Hint #1: The reference to infidelity in this man's case came before he was elected President.

RE: Presidents and First Ladies Trivia - Rob Wick - 04-26-2013 09:26 AM

James A. Garfield from his wife, Crete.

Best
Rob

RE: Presidents and First Ladies Trivia - Eva Elisabeth - 04-26-2013 09:38 AM

Nancy Reagan?

RE: Presidents and First Ladies Trivia - RJNorton - 04-26-2013 09:39 AM

Rob, you got it. Kudos. The quote is from a letter written July 7, 1867.

Your prize is simply the very best wishes for a speedy and successful recovery from your surgery.

RE: Presidents and First Ladies Trivia - Laurie Verge - 04-26-2013 11:06 AM

Joan Chaconas, a staff member here at Surratt House, was just praising a book this morning that she had finished reading last night about James A. Garfield. Entitled Dark Horse: The Surprise Election and Political Murder of President James A. Garfield, it was written by Kenneth Ackerman and published in 2011.

Joan expected the book to be dry and uninteresting, but found that she couldn't put it down. This man had a very "interesting" life and an unfortunate end -- which was excruciating.

RE: Presidents and First Ladies Trivia - Joe Di Cola - 04-26-2013 12:38 PM

(04-26-2013 11:06 AM)Laurie Verge Wrote:  Joan Chaconas, a staff member here at Surratt House, was just praising a book this morning that she had finished reading last night about James A. Garfield. Entitled Dark Horse: The Surprise Election and Political Murder of President James A. Garfield, it was written by Kenneth Ackerman and published in 2011.

Joan expected the book to be dry and uninteresting, but found that she couldn't put it down. This man had a very "interesting" life and an unfortunate end -- which was excruciating.

Laurie,

I also highly recommend Candace Millard's DESTINY OF THE REPUBLIC on the Garfield assassination.

Joe

RE: Presidents and First Ladies Trivia - RJNorton - 04-27-2013 07:25 AM

Let's try one more presidential infidelity trivia question. Which First Lady said the following of her husband?

"You have to understand, my husband loved people. All people. And half of the people in the world were women. You don't think I could have kept my husband away from half the people?"

RE: Presidents and First Ladies Trivia - Eva Elisabeth - 04-27-2013 07:42 AM

I say again Nancy Reagan (the comment matches an actor's image) or Jackie Kennedy. (But this might be too simple)

RE: Presidents and First Ladies Trivia - RJNorton - 04-27-2013 08:28 AM

Eva, you are ever so close, but it was neither of those ladies.

RE: Presidents and First Ladies Trivia - Eva Elisabeth - 04-27-2013 09:55 AM

I won't guess another name, but it sounds pretty much as if the president was in office during the second half of the last century and is not alife anymore.

RE: Presidents and First Ladies Trivia - RJNorton - 04-27-2013 09:56 AM

Yes, Eva, that is the time frame when he was President.

RE: Presidents and First Ladies Trivia - J. Beckert - 04-27-2013 09:59 AM

Lady Bird Johnson?