Lincoln Discussion Symposium
A desk made out of used books - Printable Version

+- Lincoln Discussion Symposium (https://rogerjnorton.com/LincolnDiscussionSymposium)
+-- Forum: Lincoln Discussion Symposium (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Books - over 15,000 to discuss (/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: A desk made out of used books (/thread-565.html)

A desk made out of used books - RJNorton - 12-15-2012 02:29 PM

Thank you to Laurie who sent this creative idea!

[Image: oldbooks.jpg]
An idea for those of you who have had books take over your life and home

RE: A desk made out of used books - Rob Wick - 12-15-2012 02:46 PM

My luck, though, is that I would put the one book I think I'll never need right in the middle and then the next day need it.

Best
Rob

RE: A desk made out of used books - LincolnMan - 12-15-2012 04:04 PM

I've heard of a desk-book but never a book-desk!

RE: A desk made out of used books - BettyO - 12-15-2012 06:05 PM

Great! But what if you want to re-read or reference that one book in the middle?!?

RE: A desk made out of used books - Gene C - 12-15-2012 06:54 PM

Don't worry, those are just a few of the books that I used to study for my insurance professional designation (Charted Propery Casualty Underwriter, CPCU)

After personal experience, I donated them here. This is the lobby of the sleep aid and insomnia research center. They work every time and definately non habit forming. ZZZzzzzz Sleepy

RE: A desk made out of used books - RJNorton - 12-16-2012 06:22 AM

You're saying you read every single page of every single book in that picture? Our cat reads daily, but nothing like you, Fido.

RE: A desk made out of used books - LincolnMan - 12-16-2012 06:36 AM

Maybe the desk is made of books because the books are no longer needed-they've been replaced with electronic media. I do fear that the death knell for paper books has been sounded-they will go the way of cassettes, 8 tracks, records, and soon (I predict)-compact disks. Hey, maybe we could make a lamp out of compact disks to sit on the table made of books!

RE: A desk made out of used books - Gene C - 12-16-2012 09:25 AM

(12-16-2012 06:22 AM)RJNorton Wrote:  You're saying you read every single page of every single book in that picture?

Read or slept through. I think on some of those, the authors got paid by the word. (Yawn) Gotta go now, it's time for my after breakfast nap.

RE: A desk made out of used books - LincolnMan - 12-16-2012 08:43 PM

"Let's see, where is that book I need to see. Oh darn, it's in the middle of the book desk!"

RE: A desk made out of used books - Jim Garrett - 12-22-2012 04:47 PM

[quote='LincolnMan' pid='9727' dateline='1355654164']
Maybe the desk is made of books because the books are no longer needed-they've been replaced with electronic media. I do fear that the death knell for paper books has been sounded-they will go the way of cassettes, 8 tracks, records, and soon (I predict)-compact disks. Hey, maybe we could make a lamp out of compact disks to sit on the table made of books!
[/quote

You could make a book out of "Dark Union" and "So I killed Lincoln, John Wilkes Booth" and Balsinger's "The Lincoln Conspiracy". Upstairs I will have the Otto Eisenshimmel nightstand.

RE: A desk made out of used books - LincolnMan - 12-23-2012 09:44 AM

And speaking of books, I wonder how many books about Lincoln were published in 2012?

RE: A desk made out of used books - Jim Garrett - 12-24-2012 06:53 PM

(12-23-2012 09:44 AM)LincolnMan Wrote:  And speaking of books, I wonder how many books about Lincoln were published in 2012?

That's a great question, Laurie would probably be the best person on the symposium that could venture a guess. Laurie???