Lincoln Discussion Symposium
"Lincoln" Film Award Nominations & Wins - Printable Version

+- Lincoln Discussion Symposium (https://rogerjnorton.com/LincolnDiscussionSymposium)
+-- Forum: Lincoln Discussion Symposium (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: News and Announcements (/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: "Lincoln" Film Award Nominations & Wins (/thread-556.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: "Lincoln" Film Award Nominations - LincolnMan - 01-10-2013 10:15 AM

That is awesome! Wonder what the record is for most Oscars for a movie. Seems to me that at one time it was Ben Hur?

RE: "Lincoln" Film Award Nominations - BettyO - 01-10-2013 10:25 AM

Fantastic - although I don't see Set Design! That was phenomenal as well!

RE: "Lincoln" Film Award Nominations - jonathan - 01-10-2013 10:28 AM

That's great news, and it might lead me to actually watch an awards show for the first time in about 25 years.

RE: "Lincoln" Film Award Nominations - Linda Anderson - 01-10-2013 10:39 AM

(01-10-2013 10:25 AM)BettyO Wrote:  Fantastic - although I don't see Set Design! That was phenomenal as well!

I think "Lincoln" did get a nomination for Set Design only they call it Production Design and Set Decoration.

No Makeup and Hairstyling nomination though.

RE: "Lincoln" Film Award Nominations - Rob Wick - 01-10-2013 10:46 AM

(01-10-2013 10:15 AM)LincolnMan Wrote:  That is awesome! Wonder what the record is for most Oscars for a movie. Seems to me that at one time it was Ben Hur?

Bill,
Three films each won 11 awards. They were Ben Hur, Titanic and The Lord of the Rings: Return of the King. Two films each received 14 nominations. They were All About Eve and Titanic. The Lord of the Rings: Return of the King won in every category it was nominated.

Best
Rob

RE: "Lincoln" Film Award Nominations - Linda Anderson - 01-10-2013 11:16 AM

The Carpetbagger, the "Awards Season Blog from the New York Times," says "the films to watch in the biggest race [Best Picture] are “Lincoln,” “Silver Linings” and “Life of Pi.”

http://carpetbagger.blogs.nytimes.com/

"The leader in the field, of course, is Steven Spielberg’s “Lincoln,” which earned 12 nominations and seems to be a heavy frontrunner. But prognosticators are already mulling over the possibility that this year could be a rematch of 1999, when Mr. Spielberg’s “Saving Private Ryan” seemed to have all the right momentum, only to be beat by “Shakespeare in Love,” with an Oscar campaign led by Harvey Weinstein. The Weinstein Company is behind “Silver Linings Playbook,” another feel-good favorite. Historical epic vs. heartwarming romance, take two?

Astute Oscar-watchers also know that besides director, another category often foretells a best picture winner: editing. Without a nomination in that category, the top prize is hard to get. The nominees this year are the editors for “Argo,” “Silver Linings Playbook,” “Zero Dark Thirty,” “Lincoln” and “Life of Pi.” Triangulating between that and the director category means that the films to watch in the biggest race are “Lincoln,” “Silver Linings” and “Life of Pi.”

RE: "Lincoln" Film Award Nominations - LincolnMan - 01-10-2013 07:21 PM

I am not a "Lord of the Rings" fan-never saw the movie-but it must have been good to win so many Oscars.

RE: "Lincoln" Film Award Nominations - Linda Anderson - 01-10-2013 11:33 PM

Critics Choice Awards winners for "Lincoln" are Daniel Day-Lewis for Best Actor, Tony Kushner for Best Adapted Screenplay and John Williams for Best Score.

RE: "Lincoln" Film Award Nominations & Wins - RJNorton - 01-11-2013 11:37 AM

Forum member Sebastiao Albano, who lives in Brazil, has informed us that Lincoln is in the Brazilian newspapers. He sent this image. Thank you, Sebastiao!

[Image: lincoln67890.jpg]

RE: "Lincoln" Film Award Nominations - ReignetteC - 01-11-2013 06:22 PM

(01-10-2013 10:39 AM)Linda Anderson Wrote:  
(01-10-2013 10:25 AM)BettyO Wrote:  Fantastic - although I don't see Set Design! That was phenomenal as well!

I think "Lincoln" did get a nomination for Set Design only they call it Production Design and Set Decoration.

No Makeup and Hairstyling nomination though.

From the article, "Lincoln Leads in the Battle For Oscars," in Friday's New York Times:

"You never ever know how these things are going to go, so it's really gratifying," said Kathleen Kennedy, a producer of "Lincoln," who spoke by telephone on Thursday morning. She noted, however, that it was not a perfect day for the "Lincoln" team. "I was very disappointed that our makeup and hair people weren't recognized," she said.

RE: "Lincoln" Film Award Nominations & Wins - Jim Page - 01-11-2013 07:43 PM

I'm eager now to hear the score for Lincoln. My son-in-law is taking me to see it on the 20th, and I will put new batteries in the hearing aids.

--Jim

RE: "Lincoln" Film Award Nominations & Wins - ReignetteC - 01-12-2013 01:59 PM

Just had to share . . .

[Image: img0855br.jpg]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

RE: "Lincoln" Film Award Nominations & Wins - LincolnMan - 01-12-2013 02:08 PM

That is really neat! Love it!

RE: "Lincoln" Film Award Nominations & Wins - RJNorton - 01-12-2013 02:58 PM

I second Bill!!

RE: "Lincoln" Film Award Nominations & Wins - Linda Anderson - 01-14-2013 12:05 AM

Congratulations to Daniel Day-Lewis for winning the sole Golden Globe for "Lincoln."