Lincoln Discussion Symposium
Ulysses S. Grant elevated to General of the Armies of the United States - Printable Version

+- Lincoln Discussion Symposium (https://rogerjnorton.com/LincolnDiscussionSymposium)
+-- Forum: Lincoln Discussion Symposium (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: News and Announcements (/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: Ulysses S. Grant elevated to General of the Armies of the United States (/thread-5003.html)

Ulysses S. Grant elevated to General of the Armies of the United States - David Lockmiller - Yesterday 10:01 AM

The New York Times reports today:

In approving Grant’s promotion to general of the armies of the United States, Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin III noted that Grant would be elevated “with the same rank and precedence” as the World War I hero John J. Pershing.

Grant’s promotion was authorized in the defense appropriation bill that President Biden signed into law in December 2022.

RE: Ulysses S. Grant elevated to General of the Armies of the United States - Gene C - Yesterday 07:45 PM

The good news is it only took 22 months for the New York Times to report this.
And it only took the US Government 160 years to authorize the promotion.

A surprised President Joe Biden commented, " I didn't know Hugh Grant was a general in the Civil War. "

RE: Ulysses S. Grant elevated to General of the Armies of the United States - AussieMick - Yesterday 11:00 PM

Gosh! Does he qualify for back pay, actually ?

RE: Ulysses S. Grant elevated to General of the Armies of the United States - AussieMick - Today 05:35 AM

The Chief of Staff of the Army, General Randy George, earns $212,100 in base pay per year.
So I make that $33,936,000 in back pay.