Lincoln Discussion Symposium
Forum Members Volunteering at the Dr. Mudd House - Printable Version

+- Lincoln Discussion Symposium (https://rogerjnorton.com/LincolnDiscussionSymposium)
+-- Forum: Lincoln Discussion Symposium (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: News and Announcements (/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: Forum Members Volunteering at the Dr. Mudd House (/thread-4696.html)

Forum Members Volunteering at the Dr. Mudd House - RJNorton - 07-18-2022 05:09 AM

Thanks to Rick Smith for sending this information. Rick writes, "Bill Binzel and I have been giving tours at the Dr. Mudd House. The man in charge of the program there, Bob Bowser, is a great guy and has made us feel very welcome and appreciated. Recently, I had to take a short sabbatical, but plan to return in the near future."

[Image: RickSmith1.jpg]
The photo was taken in front of the house on April 2nd, Rick's first day at Mudd’s.

RE: Forum Members Volunteering at the Dr. Mudd House - Eva Elisabeth - 07-26-2022 07:45 AM

Great photo and attire, now that is a true gentleman! I am glad to hear the gents keep up telling the story and sharing their in-depth factual knowledge to encourage and empower visitors to draw their own conclusions. Both are excellent guides who make it to catch full attention and stir interest, as I have personally experienced. Also I felt Dr. Mudd's House one of the most genuine places, a place where it is easy to get in touch with the past. One can see how Booth sat on that sofa in the parlor or slept in the bed.