Lincoln Discussion Symposium
What's the one Lincoln book you want but can't justify getting? - Printable Version

+- Lincoln Discussion Symposium (https://rogerjnorton.com/LincolnDiscussionSymposium)
+-- Forum: Lincoln Discussion Symposium (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Books - over 15,000 to discuss (/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: What's the one Lincoln book you want but can't justify getting? (/thread-4587.html)

What's the one Lincoln book you want but can't justify getting? - Rob Wick - 12-09-2021 02:37 PM

With Christmas just around the corner, what book on Lincoln would you love to see under your tree, but you just can't justify the cost?

Technically, mine isn't a book on Lincoln per se, but it is written by Tarbell. I would love to have a first edition of her History of the Standard Oil Company. The internet is lousy with reprints, but a first edition two-volume set is about as rare as hen's teeth

If I had to keep it on Lincoln I would love to have the first rendition of Herndon's biography.

Best
Rob

RE: What's the one Lincoln book you want but can't justify getting? - RJNorton - 12-09-2021 05:15 PM

Probably the hardcover version of The Lincoln Assassination: The Evidence edited by William C. Edwards and Ed Steers.

RE: What's the one Lincoln book you want but can't justify getting? - Susan Higginbotham - 12-09-2021 09:47 PM

(12-09-2021 05:15 PM)RJNorton Wrote:  Probably the hardcover version of The Lincoln Assassination: The Evidence edited by William C. Edwards and Ed Steers.

It pays for itself in usefulness!

I can't think of one offhand, though I'm sure there's something long out of print that would be nice under the tree.

RE: What's the one Lincoln book you want but can't justify getting? - Steve - 12-11-2021 03:07 AM

(12-09-2021 09:47 PM)Susan Higginbotham Wrote:  
(12-09-2021 05:15 PM)RJNorton Wrote:  Probably the hardcover version of The Lincoln Assassination: The Evidence edited by William C. Edwards and Ed Steers.

It pays for itself in usefulness!

I can't think of one offhand, though I'm sure there's something long out of print that would be nice under the tree.

I paid $10 for the Google Books version of the The Evidence, but Google wouldn't let me download a copy to my computer.