Lincoln Discussion Symposium
Saving Private Lockner: Lewis Powell, the Seward Assassin, and his Yankee Prison - Printable Version

+- Lincoln Discussion Symposium (https://rogerjnorton.com/LincolnDiscussionSymposium)
+-- Forum: Lincoln Discussion Symposium (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Assassination (/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: Saving Private Lockner: Lewis Powell, the Seward Assassin, and his Yankee Prison (/thread-392.html)

Saving Private Lockner: Lewis Powell, the Seward Assassin, and his Yankee Prison - LincolnMan - 10-03-2012 10:06 PM

Congratulations to our own Betty Ownsbey who has the above written thread title published as an article in the November 2012 issue of North & South!

Saving Private Lockner: Lewis Powell, the Seward Assassin, and his Yankee Prison - RJNorton - 10-04-2012 05:35 AM

Kudos, Betty! I will add this to my collection. Bill, do you save the older issues? If so, look for Volume 2, Number 1. It's the one where on the top of the cover it mentions an article by John Simon titled Lincoln and "Old Brains." Look on pp. 48-58 and you will find an article by Betty titled The Military Career of an Assassin.

RE: Saving Private Lockner - BettyO - 10-04-2012 05:59 AM

Thanks, ya'll! Look for more in the coming months! This is just the tip of the iceberg regarding "new" things about Mr. Powell....

RE: Saving Private Lockner: Lewis Powell, the Seward Assassin, and his Yankee Prison - LincolnMan - 10-04-2012 08:10 AM

Roger, I do! I just found it but didn't remember Betty authored it. Time to re-read.

RE: Saving Private Lockner: Lewis Powell, the Seward Assassin, and his Yankee Prison - Craig Hipkins - 10-05-2012 07:58 PM

Great article Betty. It is amazing how much information there is on Powell out there. Most of it being brought to light by you.

Craig

RE: Saving Private Lockner: Lewis Powell, the Seward Assassin, and his Yankee Prison - BettyO - 10-05-2012 08:12 PM

Thanks, Craig!

Mr. Powell is so enigmatic that I can't help but LOVE researching him -- and he still has secrets to reveal after almost 40 years of research!