Lincoln Discussion Symposium
It Didn't Happen the Way You Think (by Robert Lockwood Mills) - Printable Version

+- Lincoln Discussion Symposium (https://rogerjnorton.com/LincolnDiscussionSymposium)
+-- Forum: Lincoln Discussion Symposium (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Books - over 15,000 to discuss (/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: It Didn't Happen the Way You Think (by Robert Lockwood Mills) (/thread-3913.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: It Didn't Happen the Way You Think (by Robert Lockwood Mills) - GustD45 - 12-21-2018 02:46 PM

"Roger would kick me out if I did that... BTW: I used all capitals in my replies in order to distinguish where my answers began. I was not intending to appear rude, since there are now rules of etiquette regarding using capitals, exclamation points, etc. I was famous for that -- but I also hate emoticons."

Sorry Laurie, I was trying to break the tension.

RE: It Didn't Happen the Way You Think (by Robert Lockwood Mills) - L Verge - 12-21-2018 02:55 PM

(12-21-2018 02:46 PM)GustD45 Wrote:  "Roger would kick me out if I did that... BTW: I used all capitals in my replies in order to distinguish where my answers began. I was not intending to appear rude, since there are now rules of etiquette regarding using capitals, exclamation points, etc. I was famous for that -- but I also hate emoticons."

Sorry Laurie, I was trying to break the tension.

I know you were, and I appreciate it. Gene is good at that also. Sometimes, I think I love my job too much and need a little levity (or cold water in the face) to calm down.

RE: It Didn't Happen the Way You Think (by Robert Lockwood Mills) - Gene C - 12-21-2018 03:59 PM

I'm, shocked Confused
And can't quite understand Huh
Why you just don't see the light Idea
Using emoticons can be fun Smile
I don't understand why you hate them Angry
I think they are heavenly Angel
And just love them Heart
I'd say more, but it's time for my nap Sleepy

RE: It Didn't Happen the Way You Think (by Robert Lockwood Mills) - L Verge - 12-21-2018 04:13 PM

That's cute. I actually learned to hate smiley faces back in the days before computers when I saw teachers using them as part of their grading of papers instead of writing useful comments that might benefit our secondary students.

RE: It Didn't Happen the Way You Think (by Robert Lockwood Mills) - Eva Elisabeth - 12-21-2018 07:15 PM

When Fido uses them they are cute, but I, too, just am not (fan) of the Twitter/FB kind of communication generation which is 80% emoticons and 99% shallow...

This said my favorite emoticon is she:
[attachment=2992]
...reminding me one this conversation:
“But I don’t want to go among mad people,” Alice remarked. “Oh, you can’t help that,” said the Cat: “we’re all mad here. I’m mad. Your mad.” “How do you know I’m mad?” said Alice. “You must be,” said the Cat, “or you wouldn’t have come here.”

The kind I feel when reading some of the wild theories lately brought forth...