Lincoln Discussion Symposium
Moments in Lincoln's Life -- New Book from Tom Emery - Printable Version

+- Lincoln Discussion Symposium (https://rogerjnorton.com/LincolnDiscussionSymposium)
+-- Forum: Lincoln Discussion Symposium (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Books - over 15,000 to discuss (/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: Moments in Lincoln's Life -- New Book from Tom Emery (/thread-3891.html)

Moments in Lincoln's Life -- New Book from Tom Emery - Tom Emery - 11-17-2018 11:54 AM

All:

Below is some information on a new book that I'll be releasing in a few weeks on different aspects of Lincoln research.

Moments in Lincoln's Life will be a compilation of over fifty articles that I've written on Lincoln in my career.

Many of the articles I've done are on lesser-known episodes in Lincoln's life. Some include looks at Denton Offutt and William Berry of New Salem, Lincoln's first political campaign in 1832, his relationships with selected friends and associates, and overlooked facts on his assassination.

It will be released in early February (in time for Presidents Month), and I'm really excited about this one. I'm also updating my 2014 work, The Civil War in Illinois, as a second edition to be released in mid-December.

With best regards to all,

Tom Emery

RESERVE NEW BOOK ON LINCOLN
JUST IN TIME FOR HOLIDAYS

An Illinois author is releasing a fresh look at the life of Abraham Lincoln as well as an updated edition of a work on Illinois in the Civil War.

Tom Emery, a freelance writer and historical researcher from Carlinville, Ill., is creating Moments in Lincoln’s Life, a unique look at the stories that helped define the greatness of Abraham Lincoln. This one-of-a-kind work will feature over fifty articles on a wide variety of lesser-known episodes that influenced Lincoln, from the friends, jobs, and events in his New Salem days to his life in Springfield and his incomparable years in the White House.

Lincoln’s first political campaigns in the 1830s are covered, as are his relationships with his wife and family, his early romances, and his greatest speeches. Other key topics include some of Lincoln’s legendary legal cases, his divided support as President, and how he celebrated Christmas and holiday seasons.
Little-known facts about the Lincoln assassination are also featured in Moments in Lincoln’s Life, including an analysis of the final week of Lincoln’s life, which fell over Holy Week.

Narrative on Lincoln’s interaction with friends, associates, and White House visitors and employees are also highlighted. Illustrations, a list of sources, bibliographic essays, and index will be included.

“There are a lot of stories about Lincoln that need to be told,” said Emery. “Lincoln was a highly complex and fascinating individual, and I was drawn to some of the instances and relationships in his life that haven’t always been covered before. I wanted to bring out new information and new perspectives on Lincoln, to gain a different understanding.”

Emery has created thirty book and booklet titles, and has won eleven awards from the Illinois State Historical Society. Articles with his byline have appeared in over 100 newspapers.

Moments in Lincoln’s Life will be released in early February, and reserve orders are recommended. The book sells for $19.99 plus $1.25 tax and $3.76 postage and handling ($25 total).

Orders may be placed using PayPal (use the e-mail enjoyhistorytoday@gmail.com) or by mail by sending your name, address, phone, and check or money order to History in Print, 337 E. Second South, Carlinville, IL 62626. For more information, call 217-710-8392.

RE: Moments in Lincoln's Life -- New Book from Tom Emery - RJNorton - 11-17-2018 03:58 PM

Congratulations, Tom!

RE: Moments in Lincoln's Life -- New Book from Tom Emery - LincolnMan - 12-26-2018 04:41 PM

Sounds great!

RE: Moments in Lincoln's Life -- New Book from Tom Emery - Gene C - 12-26-2018 06:59 PM

Sounds good Tom.
Hope you will join us for our 2019 Springfield Tour