Lincoln Discussion Symposium
In Search Of - Printable Version

+- Lincoln Discussion Symposium (https://rogerjnorton.com/LincolnDiscussionSymposium)
+-- Forum: Lincoln Discussion Symposium (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Books - over 15,000 to discuss (/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: In Search Of (/thread-3660.html)

In Search Of - L Verge - 02-20-2018 04:42 PM

A descendant of a Joseph Abel says that we have his manuscript in our library, but unless it is filed in Mr. Hall's voluminous records on Louis Weichmann, we have yet to find it.

Anyone ever heard of A History of the Trial of Mrs. Mary Surratt as Told to Me by a Mr. Lewis Weichman at the Time of President Lincoln's Assassination."

I'm already suspicious of an author who doesn't know how to spell his subject's first name...

RE: In Search Of - Gene C - 02-20-2018 04:45 PM

Marry?
Huh

RE: In Search Of - Steve - 02-20-2018 05:00 PM

A Google search turned up nothing, except this forum thread from 3 years ago:

http://rogerjnorton.com/LincolnDiscussionSymposium/thread-525-page-19.html

starting at post #281

RE: In Search Of - L Verge - 02-20-2018 07:35 PM

Thanks, Steve. I just found out tonight that the lady who is requesting the article saw mention of it on this very forum. We have searched Weichmann files, but not the extensive ones from the personal research of James O. Hall. He was in touch a great deal with Erich Ewald of Anderson, Indiana, who is/was a true expert on Louis. I remember calling Erich when this topic appeared on the forum. At that time, he said that he had quit most of his research on Weichmann.

RE: In Search Of - Susan Higginbotham - 02-21-2018 10:56 AM

I have it. Want me to scan it for you? (That old thread sure brought back some memories.)

RE: In Search Of - L Verge - 02-21-2018 01:56 PM

(02-21-2018 10:56 AM)Susan Higginbotham Wrote:  I have it. Want me to scan it for you? (That old thread sure brought back some memories.)

Susan, I love you! If you could scan and send directly to colleen.puterbaugh@pgparks.com that would help tremendously. She will have to find it, scan it, and send it electronically anyhow. And, this way, we'll have it on an electronic file -- which is ultimately our goal (just abut twenty more file drawers to go!).

RE: In Search Of - Susan Higginbotham - 02-21-2018 02:32 PM

OK, I'll scan it tonight!