Lincoln Discussion Symposium
Extra Credit Questions - Printable Version

+- Lincoln Discussion Symposium (https://rogerjnorton.com/LincolnDiscussionSymposium)
+-- Forum: Lincoln Discussion Symposium (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Trivia Questions - all things Lincoln (/forum-8.html)
+--- Thread: Extra Credit Questions (/thread-3582.html)

RE: Extra Credit Questions - RJNorton - 10-25-2015 10:31 AM

Interior of Farmington?

RE: Extra Credit Questions - Eva Elisabeth - 10-25-2015 10:43 AM

Another excellent idea, Roger, but it's not Farmington either.

RE: Extra Credit Questions - Eva Elisabeth - 10-25-2015 02:09 PM

Hint #1: I will answer yes/no questions - so please, DO ask!

RE: Extra Credit Questions - RJNorton - 10-25-2015 02:13 PM

Maybe the interior of the David Davis Mansion?

RE: Extra Credit Questions - Eva Elisabeth - 10-25-2015 02:35 PM

Kudos, Roger, that is correct!
https://www.daviddavismansion.org/
Has anyone ever visited the place?

Roger, I cannot think of a better prize than all my best wishes for a wonderful week!

RE: Extra Credit Questions - RJNorton - 10-25-2015 05:04 PM

Thanks, Eva. October and November are two of the best months of the year here in Florida.

RE: Extra Credit Questions - RJNorton - 10-27-2015 05:53 AM

This is the den in the home of a familiar person on this forum. Whose home/den was this?

[Image: whosedenisthis.jpg]

RE: Extra Credit Questions - Eva Elisabeth - 10-27-2015 07:51 AM

Obviously a book lover. That first would make me think of Herndon or Robert. But I don't think poor Herndon ever possessed such a posh interior, and for Hildene it seems not posh (big) enough, and too "cozy". Den is not parlor, is it? So I finally guess the Edwards?
(Unfortunately it's too blurred on my little screen to make out what/whom the paintings/photos depict!)

RE: Extra Credit Questions - RJNorton - 10-27-2015 08:16 AM

Excellent guess, Eva, but it's not the Edwards' home. As far as I know this is the only known photo of the interior of this home. It is like the Edwards' home in that it is no longer standing.
(The clarity is lacking on my screen, too.)

RE: Extra Credit Questions - Eva Elisabeth - 10-27-2015 08:32 AM

Ok, there are about three million folks left... Hmmm, it looks rather like somewhere in the north. Horace Greeley's?

RE: Extra Credit Questions - RJNorton - 10-27-2015 01:49 PM

That is another good try, Eva, but it is not the interior of Horace Greeley's home.

RE: Extra Credit Questions - Joe Di Cola - 10-27-2015 02:41 PM

(10-27-2015 01:49 PM)RJNorton Wrote:  That is another good try, Eva, but it is not the interior of Horace Greeley's home.

Robert Todd Lincoln--I remember sending you that photo eons ago.

RE: Extra Credit Questions - RJNorton - 10-27-2015 03:07 PM

Brilliant, Joe! That is the den from inside Robert's home at 1234 Lake Shore Drive in Chicago.

You win best wishes for a mild winter in Ohio! I spent 4 years in Granville attending Denison University and remember how nasty Ohio winters can potentially be.

Eva, you also thought of Robert as a possibility but didn't stick with it. Nevertheless, you also win best wishes for a mild winter in Germany.

RE: Extra Credit Questions - Eva Elisabeth - 10-27-2015 03:50 PM

Thanks, Roger - I was just going to indeed guess Robert - I was thinking of either this or his London home. Somehow the furniture matches him, doesn't it?

RE: Extra Credit Questions - Eva Elisabeth - 11-17-2015 05:10 AM

Who painted this portrait of Abraham Lincoln?
[attachment=1938]