Lincoln Discussion Symposium
Assassination Trivia - Printable Version

+- Lincoln Discussion Symposium (https://rogerjnorton.com/LincolnDiscussionSymposium)
+-- Forum: Lincoln Discussion Symposium (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Trivia Questions - all things Lincoln (/forum-8.html)
+--- Thread: Assassination Trivia (/thread-350.html)

RE: Assassination Trivia - Thomas Kearney - 03-19-2015 08:37 AM

How come nobody is laughing at my prizes I give away?

RE: Assassination Trivia - Gene C - 03-19-2015 11:58 AM

Thomas, this can be a tough crowd.
Don't worry about it. Big Grin

............. . . . (this last comment will self destruct within 24 hours)
Poof, it's gone

RE: Assassination Trivia - L Verge - 03-19-2015 07:04 PM

It appears that the self-destruction has already begun. I hope those missing letters aren't bumping into anything important in the atmosphere, stratosphere, or wherever they go to die.

RE: Assassination Trivia - Eva Elisabeth - 03-19-2015 10:35 PM

(03-19-2015 08:37 AM)Thomas Kearney Wrote:  How come nobody is laughing at my prizes I give away?
Seriously (as I understand this a serious request) - I didn't understand what the prize has to do with the question, and maybe it's a language issue that I didn't get the intended gag. Sorry!

RE: Assassination Trivia - Gene C - 03-19-2015 10:38 PM

(03-19-2015 07:04 PM)L Verge Wrote:  It appears that the self-destruction has already begun. I hope those missing letters aren't bumping into anything important in the atmosphere, stratosphere, or wherever they go to die.

They are safely stored in an old pickle jar, on the top shelf in my root cellar, awaiting the day when they are needed to add knowledge, wisdom, truth, justice and the American way, to a starving word hungry for them. (Hence the pickle jar. I just hope I can get the lid off)

RE: Assassination Trivia - Eva Elisabeth - 03-19-2015 10:50 PM

What is the hidden knowledge and wisdom behind EDOFITAEGEHIUADH? (No serious replies, please...)

RE: Assassination Trivia - Gene C - 03-19-2015 11:06 PM

I'd answer that, but it is past my bedtime on a school night and my mom said she would take my computer away if I didn't stop and....Sleepy

RE: Assassination Trivia - Eva Elisabeth - 03-20-2015 04:52 AM

Good boy! This has nothing to do with the thread (nor the forum at all), but these coments just reminded me of a wonderful movie (and fascinating personality) I watched yesterday and I highly recommend (being not a movie person):
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Salz7uGp72c
Free tickets will be the next trivia price I issue!

So here comes a question - and, please, notice that this is rather a question of the "Extra Credit" category, NOT specifically an assassination trivia question!!! I just put it here to keep it "in touch" with the prize. Also I might not be able to reply during the day, so, please, feel free to post other questions as well. And sorry it's only a photo, not a scan from a book.

What building is this?
[attachment=1519]

RE: Assassination Trivia - RJNorton - 03-20-2015 05:55 AM

Is it a photo of Grover's Theatre?

RE: Assassination Trivia - Eva Elisabeth - 03-20-2015 05:59 AM

The early bird catches the worm...Kudos, Roger - the tickets are yours!!! (Unless you prefer a zonky prize...) I think I had never seen a photo before finally getting a copy of "Mr. Lincoln's Washington", and was thrilled to see this one.

RE: Assassination Trivia - Gene C - 03-20-2015 10:06 AM

Wow...Eva has really raised the bar on trivia prizes... tickets and a worm!

< Note to Eva, here in the states we prefer popcorn with our movies >

RE: Assassination Trivia - Thomas Kearney - 03-20-2015 11:42 AM

(03-20-2015 05:59 AM)Eva Elisabeth Wrote:  The early bird catches the worm...Kudos, Roger - the tickets are yours!!! (Unless you prefer a zonky prize...) I think I had never seen a photo before finally getting a copy of "Mr. Lincoln's Washington", and was thrilled to see this one.

Eva, my Zonks are funny, because i'm a fun-guy. Get it?

RE: Assassination Trivia - L Verge - 03-20-2015 03:22 PM

(03-20-2015 11:42 AM)Thomas Kearney Wrote:  
(03-20-2015 05:59 AM)Eva Elisabeth Wrote:  The early bird catches the worm...Kudos, Roger - the tickets are yours!!! (Unless you prefer a zonky prize...) I think I had never seen a photo before finally getting a copy of "Mr. Lincoln's Washington", and was thrilled to see this one.

Eva, my Zonks are funny, because i'm a fun-guy. Get it?

Aren't Zonks part of the game show lingo? I don't watch them because I'm at work (but wouldn't anyhow). My grandson picked up on your Zonks and told me he thought they came from The Price is Right.

RE: Assassination Trivia - Thomas Kearney - 03-20-2015 03:41 PM

They actually come from Let's Make A Deal, currently hosted by Wayne Brady.

I watched that show a lot after I had my wisdom teeth removed the summer between 10th and 11th Grade.

RE: Assassination Trivia - Thomas Kearney - 05-05-2015 06:16 PM

See if you all know this one. Which young researchers first research paper about his experience at the Lincoln Tribute is being put on the forum Thursday?