Lincoln Discussion Symposium
2017 Surratt Society Conference - Printable Version

+- Lincoln Discussion Symposium (https://rogerjnorton.com/LincolnDiscussionSymposium)
+-- Forum: Lincoln Discussion Symposium (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: News and Announcements (/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: 2017 Surratt Society Conference (/thread-3334.html)

2017 Surratt Society Conference - Eva Elisabeth - 04-01-2017 03:34 AM

How are things going? Please keep us posted and share some pics if possible...

RE: 2017 Surratt Society Conference - PaigeBooth - 04-01-2017 02:47 PM

It has been a wonderful day so far! Here are some pictures:

From left to right:

My grandmother and I with the Betty Ownsbey. Betty, you are awesome!

My mother, grandmother and I:

Me with John Howard:

Tom Fink of Tudor Hall and myself. Thank you, Mr. Fink, for all you do to keep Tudor Hall alive!

RE: 2017 Surratt Society Conference - RJNorton - 04-01-2017 03:22 PM

Paige, thanks for posting!

RE: 2017 Surratt Society Conference - PaigeBooth - 04-01-2017 04:34 PM

Ran into my good friend Michael Kauffman here at the Surratt Conference. So awesome to see him again!

RE: 2017 Surratt Society Conference - Dave Taylor - 04-01-2017 05:45 PM

Eva,

I tried my best to document the speeches as they were going on. I know you have had problems with Twitter before, but hopefully this link of my tweets will work for you.

https://twitter.com/i/moments/848348251342479362

We missed you this year.

Dave

RE: 2017 Surratt Society Conference - Eva Elisabeth - 04-02-2017 02:59 AM

Thanks, Paige and David. I, too, wish I could have attended!

RE: 2017 Surratt Society Conference - Thomas Kearney - 04-02-2017 09:45 AM

Great seeing everybody there. Gene, you have to come next year so we can remind each other of songs

RE: 2017 Surratt Society Conference - Wesley Harris - 04-03-2017 12:37 AM

Great speakers this year and a stellar performance by Kate Ramirez as Mary Surratt. "Wild Bill" Richter was strongly encouraged to turn his presentation on Lincoln's Reconstruction policy (or lack thereof) into a book. I thought it was brilliant. Dave Taylor and Scott Schroeder were informative and entertaining with unique presentations. And of course Blaine Houmes is THE expert on all things medical. Karen Needles shared information about her website, which will be of great value to all of us: lincolnarchives.us

I bought The Lincoln Assassination Riddle which should be in everyone's library. Each chapter is by a different expert, most of the names familiar here--Laurie, Betty, Blaine, Michael Kaufman, etc.

I checked up on some of the books in the works. Diane Putney's book on the history of Ford's Theater is nearing completion. Jim Garrett says he's halfway done with his book on items related to the assassination but I had to kid him that he told me the same thing five years ago. And of course everyone asked me when mine will be done--by this time next year I hope.

RE: 2017 Surratt Society Conference - JJamiekinder - 04-03-2017 02:23 PM

This was my first time at the conference and it was like sitting around in a room with my favorite rock stars! I was extremely impressed with all of the speakers and the standing ovation Kate Ramirez received says enough. I look forward to continuing the conversations and correspondence with those I had the pleasure of finally meeting in person and am very excited that I am finally back on this symposium. The Lincoln Assassination community is truly one of a kind!

RE: 2017 Surratt Society Conference - PaigeBooth - 04-04-2017 02:41 PM

I would like to send out a special thanks to Laurie Verge, Susan Proctor, and Julia who work so hard every year to make the Surratt Conference such a memorable and enjoyable event.
They plan and prepare down to the smallest of details; I thought the favors at the tables this year were especially nice, very usable items. They also chose a wonderful variety of food for lunch including an absolutely delicious hot soup that was served.
I know, first hand, Laurie played a huge part in seeing to it that we received excellent waiter staff service this year; my family and I noticed the service was particularly excellent during dinner.
So, many thanks and appreciation to Laurie and her team for making the 2017 Surratt Conference an elegant, relaxing and enjoyable event!
Looking forward to seeing everyone again next year.

RE: 2017 Surratt Society Conference - Eva Elisabeth - 04-04-2017 03:54 PM

Thank you so much everyone for all the vivid, passionate impressions allowing us to catch a glimpse of what we missed!