Lincoln Discussion Symposium
Lincoln's Avengers - Printable Version

+- Lincoln Discussion Symposium (https://rogerjnorton.com/LincolnDiscussionSymposium)
+-- Forum: Lincoln Discussion Symposium (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Books - over 15,000 to discuss (/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: Lincoln's Avengers (/thread-3294.html)

Lincoln's Avengers - DannyW - 02-19-2017 07:27 PM

Today after lunch in Meridian, MS , I went to a store called Ollie's Bargain Outlet. A friend at work told me they had all types of books. One of the first books I saw was Lincoln's Avengers by Elizabeth Leonard. Isn't she a member of this site? The book looks great in just scanning through it. Can anyone give me more informations on this book. I purchased it for $2.99. Can't wait to go back when I have more time to look through all the history related books.

RE: Lincoln's Avengers - L Verge - 02-19-2017 07:50 PM

(02-19-2017 07:27 PM)DannyW Wrote:  Today after lunch in Meridian, MS , I went to a store called Ollie's Bargain Outlet. A friend at work told me they had all types of books. One of the first books I saw was Lincoln's Avengers by Elizabeth Leonard. Isn't she a member of this site? The book looks great in just scanning through it. Can anyone give me more informations on this book. I purchased it for $2.99. Can't wait to go back when I have more time to look through all the history related books.

Danny, you got an excellent deal, and it's a fairly recent book. Elizabeth has spoken at Surratt conferences several times over the years and is a great researcher. She is very sympathetic to Judge Holt (not one of my favorite characters).