Lincoln Discussion Symposium
Nicolay and Hay Extended Biography - Printable Version

+- Lincoln Discussion Symposium (https://rogerjnorton.com/LincolnDiscussionSymposium)
+-- Forum: Lincoln Discussion Symposium (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Books - over 15,000 to discuss (/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: Nicolay and Hay Extended Biography (/thread-3209.html)

Nicolay and Hay Extended Biography - Rob Wick - 12-08-2016 02:20 PM

Even though this article is three years old, I just stumbled onto it today. I was not aware of this edition, plus even Gene couldn't get away with spending $40K on this. I have long wanted to get my hands on the ten-volume set published at the turn of the century, but they are wildly expensive, so I have to make do with downloading it from Archive.org.

It appears that Prairie Archives still has it in stock, for those last minute seekers of Lincoln-related gifts. I love how the shipping is only $3.99. Gene, you kick in half and I will kick in half, and then when we tell Joy and Cheryl what we've done, we can take turns sleeping in each other's cars. However, I get to keep the set with me.

Best
Rob

RE: Nicolay and Hay Extended Biography - STS Lincolnite - 12-08-2016 02:33 PM

Very interesting!

Of course, it probably would have sold by now if they would have just ponied up for free shipping. Angel

RE: Nicolay and Hay Extended Biography - Gene C - 12-08-2016 03:47 PM

Rob, have I got good news for you.
I found a much less expensive and newer copy, for only $27.99 for the paperback per volume (10 volumes) or about $44.99 for the hardback per volume.
And its not the old outdated copy from 1890. This one was printed in 2009.
Unfortunately their is a charge for shipping. But order now, and they can have it delivered to your door in time for Christmas.
Wish I could be there to see Cheryl's look of surprise.

http://www.booksamillion.com/search?id=6809601600314&query=Abraham+Lincoln%3A+A+History%2C+Vol.+I+%28in+10+Volumes%29&where=Books

RE: Nicolay and Hay Extended Biography - Rob Wick - 12-08-2016 03:51 PM

Thanks, Gene. Your generosity knows no bounds!

Best
Rob