Lincoln Discussion Symposium
Political debates between Hon. Abraham Lincoln and Hon. Stephen A. Douglas... - Printable Version

+- Lincoln Discussion Symposium (https://rogerjnorton.com/LincolnDiscussionSymposium)
+-- Forum: Lincoln Discussion Symposium (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Books - over 15,000 to discuss (/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: Political debates between Hon. Abraham Lincoln and Hon. Stephen A. Douglas... (/thread-3013.html)

Political debates between Hon. Abraham Lincoln and Hon. Stephen A. Douglas... - RJNorton - 05-23-2016 10:50 AM

Thank you to Kieran McAuliffe for sending this information.

Please note the price.

https://www.peterharringtonbooks.com/abraham-lincoln/political-debates-between-hon-abraham-lincoln-and-hon-stephen-a-douglas-2/102940/

RE: Political debates between Hon. Abraham Lincoln and Hon. Stephen A. Douglas... - LincolnMan - 05-23-2016 02:45 PM

I wouldn't know what to do to even preserve the volume if I had it at home.

RE: Political debates between Hon. Abraham Lincoln and Hon. Stephen A. Douglas... - Angela - 05-25-2016 07:21 AM

(05-23-2016 10:50 AM)RJNorton Wrote:  Please note the price.

But shipping is free Tongue
It looks like it is in really good shape - old books are the best!

RE: Political debates between Hon. Abraham Lincoln and Hon. Stephen A. Douglas... - ELCore - 05-26-2016 09:18 AM

(05-23-2016 10:50 AM)RJNorton Wrote:  Thank you to Kieran McAuliffe for sending this information.

Please note the price.

https://www.peterharringtonbooks.com/abraham-lincoln/political-debates-between-hon-abraham-lincoln-and-hon-stephen-a-douglas-2/102940/

I'll have to put that on my wish list... for when I win the lottery. Big Grin

RE: Political debates between Hon. Abraham Lincoln and Hon. Stephen A. Douglas... - Craig Hipkins - 06-05-2016 06:02 PM

A little steep for a Railroad man's salary! I don't think that I will be adding that to my basket anytime soon.
Does anyone know why Lincoln preferred signing documents "A. Lincoln" instead of his full name? I noticed that he signed this one "Abraham Lincoln."

RE: Political debates between Hon. Abraham Lincoln and Hon. Stephen A. Douglas... - RJNorton - 06-06-2016 05:31 AM

I think, generally speaking, Lincoln signed "Abraham Lincoln" on formal documents as President. But he signed "A. Lincoln" on letters, notes to people, etc. I do not know how many exceptions there are to what I just opined. Even his letters/notes to Mary were signed "A. Lincoln," I believe.

RE: Political debates between Hon. Abraham Lincoln and Hon. Stephen A. Douglas... - STS Lincolnite - 06-07-2016 01:00 PM

(06-06-2016 05:31 AM)RJNorton Wrote:  I think, generally speaking, Lincoln signed "Abraham Lincoln" on formal documents as President. But he signed "A. Lincoln" on letters, notes to people, etc. I do not know how many exceptions there are to what I just opined. Even his letters/notes to Mary were signed "A. Lincoln," I believe.

Roger, That has always been my understanding as well. It would be interesting to see how many exceptions to the rule there might be.

RE: Political debates between Hon. Abraham Lincoln and Hon. Stephen A. Douglas... - Gene C - 06-07-2016 03:14 PM

According to Wilma Frances Minor, he signed his letters A Lincoln when writing to Ann Rutledge
Heart

RE: Political debates between Hon. Abraham Lincoln and Hon. Stephen A. Douglas... - RJNorton - 06-07-2016 03:26 PM

(06-07-2016 03:14 PM)Gene C Wrote:  According to Wilma Frances Minor, he signed his letters A Lincoln when writing to Ann Rutledge
Heart

That information brings finality to this question!