Lincoln Discussion Symposium
Mary Todd Lincoln comes to life in one woman show - Printable Version

+- Lincoln Discussion Symposium (https://rogerjnorton.com/LincolnDiscussionSymposium)
+-- Forum: Lincoln Discussion Symposium (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: News and Announcements (/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: Mary Todd Lincoln comes to life in one woman show (/thread-2762.html)

Mary Todd Lincoln comes to life in one woman show - RJNorton - 11-19-2015 01:56 PM

Three years ago, Candace O’Donnell put on a one-woman show about Mary Todd Lincoln at the Ware Center.

Hoping for an audience of 50 or 60 people, she ended up selling out its 350-seat Steinman Hall.

On Saturday, O’Donnell will reprise “Mary Todd Lincoln: Much Madness Is Divinest Sense” for one performance only, again at the Ware Center.

“She’s a wild woman,” O’Donnell says of Mrs. Lincoln. “You could spend a lifetime researching and never get to the end of it.”

http://lancasteronline.com/features/entertainment/mary-todd-lincoln-comes-to-life-in-one-woman-show/article_2dc0de16-8d80-11e5-957f-97a0d8ec1c62.html

RE: Mary Todd Lincoln comes to life in one woman show - Anita - 11-19-2015 05:14 PM

Thanks Roger. I'd love to see this, especially when O'Donnel says " her biggest concern in portraying President Abraham Lincoln’s wife was not making her life seem endlessly miserable and sad."

Only one problem. The performance is in PA!

RE: Mary Todd Lincoln comes to life in one woman show - Eva Elisabeth - 11-19-2015 07:55 PM

(11-19-2015 05:14 PM)Anita Wrote:  Thanks Roger. I'd love to see this, especially when O'Donnel says " her biggest concern in portraying President Abraham Lincoln’s wife was not making her life seem endlessly miserable and sad."

Only one problem. The performance is in PA!
Exactly my thinking!

RE: Mary Todd Lincoln comes to life in one woman show - HerbS - 11-23-2015 08:45 AM

That sounds very interesting,too bad it is not near where I live!

RE: Mary Todd Lincoln comes to life in one woman show - Thomas Kearney - 11-23-2015 06:16 PM

(11-23-2015 08:45 AM)HerbS Wrote:  That sounds very interesting,too bad it is not near where I live!

Me too!