Lincoln Discussion Symposium
Spielberg Reveals Lincoln Poster - Printable Version

+- Lincoln Discussion Symposium (https://rogerjnorton.com/LincolnDiscussionSymposium)
+-- Forum: Lincoln Discussion Symposium (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Abraham Lincoln's Legacy (/forum-9.html)
+--- Thread: Spielberg Reveals Lincoln Poster (/thread-255.html)

Pages: 1 2

Spielberg Reveals Lincoln Poster - BettyO - 08-22-2012 07:31 PM

Steven Spielberg revealed the first Movie Ad Poster for his epic, Lincoln today -

And yes, it DOES look like the handsome production that I watched filmed last fall....

[Image: 1sheetlincolnv81.jpg]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Thanks to Richard Sloan for making me aware of the poster!

RE: Spielberg Reveals Lincoln Poster - Linda Anderson - 08-22-2012 07:44 PM

Thanks, Betty.

I thought for a minute that I was looking at Lincoln until it occurred to me that I have never seen Lincoln in that pose. Daniel Day-Lewis looks fantastic!

RE: Spielberg Reveals Lincoln Poster - BettyO - 08-22-2012 07:59 PM

Mr. Day-Lewis does make a FANTASTIC Lincoln!

RE: Spielberg Reveals Lincoln Poster - Rob Wick - 08-22-2012 08:05 PM

Betty, I forgot. Did you ever see Lewis in person?

Best
Rob

RE: Spielberg Reveals Lincoln Poster - BettyO - 08-22-2012 08:20 PM

Hey, Rob!

I ASSUME that you mean Mr. Day-Lewis! I DID meet Mr. Powell face to face, but that's a different story....

No - and he was the one I REALLY wanted to meet! I did see Sally Field. She talked to us; Hal Holbrook passed by - spoke with Mr. Spielberg several times - a very down to earth and wonderfully pleasant man....

But no, I didn't get to meet Mr. Day Lewis! A friend of mine lived right down the street from where he lived in Church Hill during the shooting and she met him one morning while walking her dog. She said that he was very pleasant, stopped and talked to her for a bit and petted the dog. He told her that since they were neighbors that they would probably see each other again, or something of that sort and she did see him several times, as he was in the habit of taking a walk every morning when he wasn't on set.

RE: Spielberg Reveals Lincoln Poster - Rob Wick - 08-22-2012 08:36 PM

Quote:I ASSUME that you mean Mr. Day-Lewis! I DID meet Mr. Powell face to face, but that's a different story....

You know, after I typed that, I wondered if you might answer that way.Big Grin

Best
Rob

RE: Spielberg Reveals Lincoln Poster - LincolnMan - 08-22-2012 09:14 PM

Actually I saw a poster in the theater-oh-it must have been a year ago for Spielberg's Lincoln. It had Lincoln sitting in a chair but you couldn't see the face. This was probably before D D L came on board. The release of the movie then was expected to be in June 2012.

RE: Spielberg Reveals Lincoln Poster - Karen S. Campbell - 08-23-2012 02:51 AM

I think this movie is going to blow our socks off!

RE: Spielberg Reveals Lincoln Poster - BettyO - 08-23-2012 06:16 AM

Karen -

I saw this filmed here in Virginia and yes, just being on set and watching the filming and seeing the sets and costuming literally blew me away! I can't wait to see this one!

( ! ) - Dawn E Foster - 08-24-2012 07:15 PM

(08-23-2012 06:16 AM)BettyO Wrote:  I saw this filmed here in Virginia and yes, just being on set and watching the filming and seeing the sets and costuming literally blew me away! I can't wait to see this one!

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/John-Williams-Lincoln-Score-Gently-Spoils-Few-Key-Scenes-32640.html

RE: Spielberg Reveals Lincoln Poster - LincolnMan - 08-25-2012 07:13 AM

Having John Williams doing the musical score is not a bad thing either!

RE: Spielberg Reveals Lincoln Poster - BettyO - 08-25-2012 11:59 AM

(08-25-2012 07:13 AM)LincolnMan Wrote:  Having John Williams doing the musical score is not a bad thing either!

Agreed, Bill!

RE: Spielberg Reveals Lincoln Poster - Hess1865 - 08-30-2012 09:48 PM

I can't wait to see it!!

RE: Spielberg Reveals Lincoln Poster - LincolnMan - 09-08-2012 06:45 PM

I don't know if people are asking you guys about this upcoming movie-but I'm being asked about it pretty much daily. The "chatter" about it is all positive so far. All love the choice of Mr. Day-Lewis.

RE: Spielberg Reveals Lincoln Poster - BettyO - 09-08-2012 06:55 PM

I certainly agree, Bill! This movie is going to be a blockbuster! I'll be surprised if it doesn't walk away with several Oscars - including one for costume and set design -