Lincoln Discussion Symposium
Would love feedback on my new book - Printable Version

+- Lincoln Discussion Symposium (https://rogerjnorton.com/LincolnDiscussionSymposium)
+-- Forum: Lincoln Discussion Symposium (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Books - over 15,000 to discuss (/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: Would love feedback on my new book (/thread-2502.html)

Would love feedback on my new book - Jane Singer - 06-09-2015 04:55 PM

Hello all,

I'm hoping some of you might have read or are planning to read my new book, Lincoln's Secret Spy:The Civil War Case That Changed The Future of Espionage. It was an amazing three-year journey to uncover the truth behind William A. Lloyd's claim that he was Lincoln's Spy throughout the Civil War. His claim, though utterly bogus, became the basis for a Supreme Court precedent that affects the legal rights of covert operatives to this day.

I'm afraid with the flood of Lincoln books that came out in April, mine got a bit buried.

I'd love to discuss the fraudster, the case and talk about a chase that wound through a maze of lies.

RE: Would love feedback on my new book - Tom Bogar - 06-09-2015 05:36 PM

(06-09-2015 04:55 PM)Jane Singer Wrote:  Hello all,

I'm hoping some of you might have read or are planning to read my new book, Lincoln's Secret Spy:The Civil War Case That Changed The Future of Espionage. It was an amazing three-year journey to uncover the truth behind William A. Lloyd's claim that he was Lincoln's Spy throughout the Civil War. His claim, though utterly bogus, became the basis for a Supreme Court precedent that affects the legal rights of covert operatives to this day.

I'm afraid with the flood of Lincoln books that came out in April, mine got a bit buried.

I'd love to discuss the fraudster, the case and talk about a chase that wound through a maze of lies.

Jane, it looks interesting. The excerpt provided on Amazon, and the blurb on Lyons, make me want to go ahead and purchase a copy. But when I went (via Google) to learn more about your and your co-author's backgrounds and previous work, and went to access your website [janesinger.com], my computer's AVG security system flashed a warning that the "Black Hat" virus had infiltrated that website, and I should not continue. Don't mean to alarm you, but thought you should know. Tom

RE: Would love feedback on my new book - JMadonna - 06-09-2015 05:39 PM

Sounds good.
I just downloaded it but am presently finishing up American Warlords. I'll give you my take when finished.

RE: Would love feedback on my new book - Jane Singer - 06-09-2015 06:05 PM

(06-09-2015 05:36 PM)Tom Bogar Wrote:  

Jane, it looks interesting. The excerpt provided on Amazon, and the blurb on Lyons, make me want to go ahead and purchase a copy. But when I went (via Google) to learn more about your and your co-author's backgrounds and previous work, and went to access your website [janesinger.com], my computer's AVG security system flashed a warning that the "Black Hat" virus had infiltrated that website, and I should not continue. Don't mean to alarm you, but thought you should know. Tom

Thank you, Tom! Oh my goodness, I will check my website! Though it was created largely for my fiction, it does contain a lot of info on Civil War spies.

(06-09-2015 05:39 PM)JMadonna Wrote:  Sounds good.
I just downloaded it but am presently finishing up American Warlords. I'll give you my take when finished.

Thanks so much!

(06-09-2015 05:36 PM)Tom Bogar Wrote:  

Tom, I just went to my website and it seems fine. I have a MAC, don't know if that made a difference. Thank you again, I will post to others on Facebook to see if any warning came up.

RE: Would love feedback on my new book - Eva Elisabeth - 06-09-2015 06:42 PM

It sounds very interesting, once I've read down my stack I'll get back to that.

RE: Would love feedback on my new book - Jane Singer - 06-09-2015 07:19 PM

(06-09-2015 06:42 PM)Eva Elisabeth Wrote:  It sounds very interesting, once I've read down my stack I'll get back to that.

Thanks so much!

RE: Would love feedback on my new book - Jane Singer - 06-11-2015 06:09 PM

(06-09-2015 05:39 PM)JMadonna Wrote:  Sounds good.

Thank you, much appreciated!

RE: Would love feedback on my new book - BettyO - 06-13-2015 09:40 AM

Jane - I'm putting your Lincoln's Secret Spy:The Civil War Case That Changed The Future of Espionage on my order list from Amazon! Sounds like GREAT summer reading -

Thanks again for posting!

RE: Would love feedback on my new book - RobertLC - 06-21-2015 05:10 PM

Hi, Jane!

I ordered your book online today. I'm excited to read it. Sounds really interesting.

Also, it has received excellent reviews. Good for you.

Can't wait to get started with it.

Bob