Lincoln Discussion Symposium
EVA AND ABRAHAM - Printable Version

+- Lincoln Discussion Symposium (https://rogerjnorton.com/LincolnDiscussionSymposium)
+-- Forum: Lincoln Discussion Symposium (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Other (/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: EVA AND ABRAHAM (/thread-2312.html)

EVA AND ABRAHAM - RJNorton - 03-25-2015 05:26 PM

Many thanks to Eva for sending this photo. It was cold during her stay in the USA, and Eva writes, "I look like what in German is called a "Michellinmännchen" due to the many layers of clothing."

Thank you, Eva!

[Image: evaandabe.JPG]

RE: EVA AND ABRAHAM - Eva Elisabeth - 03-25-2015 06:01 PM

Just to illustrate what a Michellinmännchen looks like...
[attachment=1530]

RE: EVA AND ABRAHAM - L Verge - 03-25-2015 08:27 PM

Gfeat photo, Eva. You and Mr. Lincoln look good together.

I hope you arrive in Germany today to a little warmer weather than what we greeted you with this week in Maryland. Saturday was a good day and tomorrow should be in the low-70s. By Saturday, however, they are calling for more snow. I really have not cared for Mother Nature's attitude this year!

RE: EVA AND ABRAHAM - ReignetteC - 03-25-2015 08:52 PM

Great picture, Eva. And great to meet you!

RE: EVA AND ABRAHAM - Eva Elisabeth - 03-26-2015 04:42 AM

(03-25-2015 08:52 PM)ReignetteC Wrote:  Great picture, Eva. And great to meet you!
Thanks - and ditto!!!

(03-25-2015 08:27 PM)L Verge Wrote:  Great photo, Eva. You and Mr. Lincoln look good together.

I hope you arrive in Germany today to a little warmer weather than what we greeted you with this week in Maryland. Saturday was a good day and tomorrow should be in the low-70s. By Saturday, however, they are calling for more snow. I really have not cared for Mother Nature's attitude this year!
Thanks, Laurie! As for the weather - I was fine with it, neither snow nor rain. I haven't yet dared to check what to expect in Germany, but in 6hrs I will know...

RE: EVA AND ABRAHAM - LincolnMan - 03-26-2015 06:22 AM

Eva: where were you at in the USA in the picture?

RE: EVA AND ABRAHAM - Eva Elisabeth - 03-26-2015 06:58 AM

During the two days following the conference I had the great, fantastic chance to visit Gettysburg, and there the picture was taken.

RE: EVA AND ABRAHAM - LincolnMan - 03-26-2015 07:13 AM

I love the statues of Lincoln seated- and they make great photo opportunites!

RE: EVA AND ABRAHAM - HerbS - 03-26-2015 08:39 AM

Two tremendous people!One made history,and one will make her own history! Some day we will meet!

RE: EVA AND ABRAHAM - LincolnMan - 03-26-2015 12:36 PM

I'm assuming that the folded paper that the Lincoln statue is holding is his preparared remarks (the Gettysburg Address)?

RE: EVA AND ABRAHAM - RJNorton - 03-27-2015 05:37 AM

Hi Bill. I think so. There is some information and a photo here.

RE: EVA AND ABRAHAM - LincolnMan - 03-27-2015 05:57 AM

Thanks Roger. The statue does indeed depict Lincoln holding the speech known as the Gettysburg Address. The statue was pkaced in 2009- which explains why I am familiar with it- as I have not been to Gettsyburg anytime after that date.

RE: EVA AND ABRAHAM - STS Lincolnite - 03-27-2015 08:32 PM

(03-27-2015 05:57 AM)LincolnMan Wrote:  Thanks Roger. The statue does indeed depict Lincoln holding the speech known as the Gettysburg Address. The statue was pkaced in 2009- which explains why I am familiar with it- as I have not been to Gettsyburg anytime after that date.

This statue is just outside the "new" battlefield visitor's center. I had my picture taken sitting in almost the same spot about a week before!

RE: EVA AND ABRAHAM - LincolnToddFan - 03-27-2015 11:20 PM

GO EVA!! You and the Prez make a great couple. What an awesome photo!

Eva, it's been in the 90's everyday this week in LA. You would love it...but I much prefer the cooler climate back East!