Lincoln Discussion Symposium
Surratt House in the news - Printable Version

+- Lincoln Discussion Symposium (https://rogerjnorton.com/LincolnDiscussionSymposium)
+-- Forum: Lincoln Discussion Symposium (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Assassination (/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: Surratt House in the news (/thread-2239.html)

Surratt House in the news - Lindsey - 03-01-2015 02:41 PM

A couple of weeks ago we were visited by a reporter from the local news station to do a small segment on the new exhibit on display at the Surratt House. I was already in costume and was able to talk for a few minutes about it and the rather interesting "statue" that we have lurking in one of the corners.

So, for those of you from out of town, you'll get a small glimpse of the house and for you locals--come stop by!

http://youtu.be/-IPxWgjjdTY

RE: Surratt House in the news - RJNorton - 03-01-2015 02:47 PM

Good job, Lindsey! Thanks for posting this!

RE: Surratt House in the news - RobertLC - 03-01-2015 04:02 PM

I agree with Roger. Excellent!

Thanks for sharing.

Bob

RE: Surratt House in the news - L Verge - 03-01-2015 04:39 PM

Believe it or not, this is my first time viewing the clip because I didn't get to turn on the TV in time the evening it was shown. Lindsey did an excellent job and had no prepared script - we found out they wanted to come the afternoon before they came!

Lindsey expresses herself so well and knows the history so well that she has become sort of our official spokesperson for publicity shots as well as giving off-site lectures about the museum and Mrs. Surratt.

RE: Surratt House in the news - RobertLC - 03-01-2015 06:45 PM

Congrats to Lindsey.

Well done!

RE: Surratt House in the news - BettyO - 03-01-2015 06:53 PM

Great job, Lindsey!

RE: Surratt House in the news - STS Lincolnite - 03-01-2015 07:09 PM

Nice job Lindsey!!

RE: Surratt House in the news - Eva Elisabeth - 03-01-2015 08:28 PM

(03-01-2015 04:39 PM)L Verge Wrote:  Lindsey did an excellent job and had no prepared script - we found out they wanted to come the afternoon before they came!
I truly take my hat off to this - even with a prepared script it would have been very well and professionally done!!! Loved to watch it! And you look great in the costume, Lindsey!

RE: Surratt House in the news - L Verge - 03-02-2015 09:19 AM

Another good article on a Booth Tour: http://m.newsok.com/article/5397247

I remember this tour well because it was a VIP tour given by a friend of mine in his Rolls Royce. The VIPs were former Oklahoma Governor Frank Keating and his son and grandson. Mr. Keating was delighted to hear that the dean of Lincoln assassination studies, James O. Hall, was a native of Oklahoma and buried in a small cemetery there.

RE: Surratt House in the news - Thomas Kearney - 03-02-2015 01:08 PM

Cool!

RE: Surratt House in the news - Anita - 03-02-2015 05:54 PM

Enjoyed the video Lindsey. You look good in that period costume. Do you always wear it to do tours?

RE: Surratt House in the news - GARY POPOLO - 03-02-2015 09:08 PM

Very nice video Lindsey. I also agree you look very nice in your outfit. Very well done.

RE: Surratt House in the news - Lindsey - 03-03-2015 10:13 AM

Thanks everyone for all the kind words. I do always wear my costume/outfit/whatever you want to call it when I give tours. Happened to be in my black one, but also have a green one that I tend to wear in the warmer months, we're in them so much it pays to have more than one.

RE: Surratt House in the news - L Verge - 03-03-2015 03:20 PM

Guides at the Surratt House are always in period dress when giving tours. We even have some who are so dedicated that they wear pantalets and corsets (the ladies, of course). We have a good number of male docents also, and they are in period shirts, slacks, waistcoats, and cravats. Some have frock coats and boots and even great coats for winter wear.