Lincoln Discussion Symposium
Trivia Advent Calendar - Printable Version

+- Lincoln Discussion Symposium (https://rogerjnorton.com/LincolnDiscussionSymposium)
+-- Forum: Lincoln Discussion Symposium (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Trivia Questions - all things Lincoln (/forum-8.html)
+--- Thread: Trivia Advent Calendar (/thread-2060.html)

RE: Trivia Advent Calendar - RJNorton - 12-22-2016 02:15 PM

(12-22-2016 11:19 AM)Eva Elisabeth Wrote:  Hint #1: Joe might have touched it.

I know from previous posts that Joe has visited Hildene. It's possible he was not properly supervised by security personnel as he walked through Robert's railroad car located there. He probably went so far as to touch objects inside the car. So is this a seat inside the railroad car at Hildene?

RE: Trivia Advent Calendar - J. Beckert - 12-22-2016 02:29 PM

I was in the Pullman car for the first time last year. Security is tight in there. Couldn't add that one to the list...

RE: Trivia Advent Calendar - Eva Elisabeth - 12-22-2016 03:30 PM

Kudos, Roger, very smart, like the Cubs you are unbeatable this year! Here's where I found the photo - and I know Joe will love the title:
https://newengland.com/yankee-magazine/travel/vermont/manchester/local-treasure-long-journey-home/

Roger 11
Thomas 6
Laurie 5
Joe 5
Dave 4
Susan 1

RE: Trivia Advent Calendar - J. Beckert - 12-23-2016 06:46 AM

Welcome to Day 23 of the Trivia Advent Calendar fun and what I think is the last time you'll have to put up with me. Eva comes back tomorrow to finish the last two days. It's been lots of fun, but with all the excitement, I've broken out in an itchy rash of what my Doctor thinks is a bad case of Beaded Pasementries. These things are nasty. Even Calamine lotion isn't helping....

On to what I hope is a good one....

I've never seen this picture before, but it's a house that has ties to this whole story. The town has been mentioned here before, as has a famous occupant. For two points, where is it and who lived there?

[attachment=2517]

RE: Trivia Advent Calendar - RJNorton - 12-23-2016 07:38 AM

Is it the home of Joseph Eli Huntt in T.B? Dave Herold spent the night of April 13, 1865, there, and he left behind a nightshirt bearing the laundry mark of John H. Surratt, Jr. The nightshirt is on display at Surratt House.

Joe, Beaded Pasementries is a form of dermatitis herpetiformis. It can lead to dementia. Try
oral colchicine. Ask Dr. Houmes for a prescription.

RE: Trivia Advent Calendar - J. Beckert - 12-23-2016 08:57 AM

My prognosis sounds dim, Roger, so I hope someone can get this question before the dementia sets in.

It is not the Huntt home, which I'm glad Rick took me to see before it's demise. It's further north.

RE: Trivia Advent Calendar - RJNorton - 12-23-2016 09:41 AM

The home of Grace Bedell in Westfield, New York?

RE: Trivia Advent Calendar - J. Beckert - 12-23-2016 10:04 AM

Too far north. And head west a bit.

Hint # 1 - it's on Buffalo St.

RE: Trivia Advent Calendar - Gene C - 12-23-2016 11:12 AM

I know who's house that is, but I forgot.
Huh

Here are some home remedy's for itchy skin that might help out Joe.
http://gerson.org/gerpress/8-natural-remedies-for-itchy-and-irritated-skin/

RE: Trivia Advent Calendar - J. Beckert - 12-23-2016 11:51 AM

Hint # 1.5 - the owner assumed her deceased husband's position as Postmaster and also rented out rooms.

RE: Trivia Advent Calendar - L Verge - 12-23-2016 12:38 PM

Wild guess -- The Clarke home in the Northern Neck of Virginia where David Herold spent the night before returning to Booth and the Garretts?

RE: Trivia Advent Calendar - J. Beckert - 12-23-2016 12:41 PM

No, Ma'am. It's north of there.

RE: Trivia Advent Calendar - L Verge - 12-23-2016 12:51 PM

Does it relate to the assassination story OR Civil War history?

RE: Trivia Advent Calendar - J. Beckert - 12-23-2016 12:56 PM

The assassination story, but not directly as far as the event.

RE: Trivia Advent Calendar - L Verge - 12-23-2016 01:26 PM

Home of the Payne family near Warrenton, VA, where Powell stayed while serving under Mosby?